disability insurance

Ms Spoken

Just wondering if any centers/hubs have Aflac disability insurance or some other company supported insurance? Just something to protect yourself if you should hurt or sick at home.
Have a good weekend.

Yes. I don't know about other parts of the country, but ours is through the union where our health insurance is also through.
And it comes in handy, let me tell you. I've never really been ill, but 2005 was a whopper for me...surgeries and all sorts of stuff. Then, last year I had a baby, so I did a pick until 30wks, and they had no light duty so I got paid until six weeks after I gave birth. Most importantly, they paid my insurance.
Whoever administers your health insurance should know about it.

Hopefully I never need to use it again.

govols019

You smell that?
We have insurance through our Union that pays $300 a week.

I also have my own personal policy with State Farm that pays $2500 a month for up to 5 years.

beatupbrown

I would recommend more disability insurance then you get through the union.
Disability insurance replaces your income when you are unable to work due to an injury or medical condition.

If you become completely disabled and you will never be able to earn an income, you will receive your lost income for many years – for life, until age 65, or for some other extended time frame. If you have short-term disability insurance and become totally disabled, you will only receive your income for about three years.

Just remember that long-term disability usually doesn’t kick in until after the elimination period. There may be a 3-4 month period where you don’t receive any income. Be prepared for that with your fully funded emergency fund.

Disability is very important and gets overlooked too often.
Statistics show that if you’re 30 years old, you’re more likely to become disabled than to die before the age of 60. :thumbup1:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would recommend more disability insurance then you get through the union.
Disability insurance replaces your income when you are unable to work due to an injury or medical condition.

If you become completely disabled and you will never be able to earn an income, you will receive your lost income for many years – for life, until age 65, or for some other extended time frame. If you have short-term disability insurance and become totally disabled, you will only receive your income for about three years.

Just remember that long-term disability usually doesn’t kick in until after the elimination period. There may be a 3-4 month period where you don’t receive any income. Be prepared for that with your fully funded emergency fund.

Disability is very important and gets overlooked too often. Statistics show that if you’re 30 years old, you’re more likely to become disabled than to die before the age of 60. :thumbup1:

We do have something through work, it was through Cigna, but now its through someone else, it isnt much like 1/4 of your income and FNIX it goes by your wage, which is why its more than you make pt. You would get 1/4 approximately of your average wage. AFLAC etc I do not believe would ever be offered as it makes it easier to stay home and recover if you have the money to. I think many people unprepared for an injury or illness would be forced to go back sooner, than ready if you could comfortably do it. I for one am unprepared. When you are real young you think you are invincible, I have learned thats not the case. Not me but others I have seen. Ive been blessed. Im looking into it myself, I have seen what can happen and how fast you can lose everything you ever worked for if not prepared. That emergency fund most of us have, can be depleted in a heart beat.