Discharged for returning to the building with packages

barnyard

KTM rider
We just had a driver fired in our building for doing almost the exact same thing. The firing stuck at the grievance hearing and decided not to pursue it.

The job is delivering packages, not bringing them back because you cannot get it done.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
1615739344478.jpeg

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Jobs not hard. Others just make it hard. If someone tries to rob you just give them the keys willingly. Hopefully they have enough heart just to not kill you in the process.

AKCoverMan

Now that is a question I can not fully answer. I'm not sure. I know he just sheeted half of them as he couldn't find them on the route and then when he got into the sketchy part of town he just went ahead and went back to the building. He claims that whenever he had taken packages that hadnt been attempted to be delivered before this, he never had to do it.
See this is where the story gets confusing by someone who does not really know the job.

You would not sheet a package you do not find, although it’s best to send a message to document that. If the package is found later you go back and deliver it or sheet it as “missed”. If your friend is just bringing back a bunch of packages and not sheeting them at all then they have earned their unplanned unpaid vacation.

Your friend should definitely be talking with BA at the Union Hall, and when working again always sheet every package on the car every day. It’s just that easy.

Unless there is more to the story your friend should work again,

Seymour Packages

I once went out with an impossible dispatch when I was a rookie. 22:30 rolls around and the sup called me telling me to bring the packages back and throw them on the belt. No need to sheet them. He refused to send that over the DIAD. I pullled back in, put my phone on record, and had him repeat the instruction to me. They tried to come after me the following week. Showed them the video. Should have seen their faces. NEVER leave anything to chance with this scumbag organization.

657 Magnum

I hate waiting for answers and I feel like enough isn't being done. I just need more opinions and information as I do not work at UPS but a very close friend does. One night my friend was working and he had several packages on a UHaul, no organization or method of the packages. My friend had a lot of trouble finding them so the ones he could not find, he documented it (idk how that works, but he said he did it properly). He then goes about delivering the rest and before he knows it, it is pitch black outside and he is in a sketchy area of town, so he feels unsafe. He called whatever sup that was on duty and told them that he felt unsafe but he still had several packages to deliver and the sup tells him if he doesn't feel safe then he can make that call on whether to come back or not. He didn't get around to doubling back to the other packages he missed earlier in the day, so 20 or so packages were not delivered. The next day, he went in and he was discharged. They told him that it wasn't unsafe, but how do they know that? They said he just didn't want to deliver those packages. Might I add, they are all the time yelling at everyone about over-time and their center is an absolute mess and EVERYONE has overtime. He has never been in any kind of trouble, this is the very first time. He usually just does whatever they tell him without question. Anyone care to give some input? Thanks!
He needs to contact business agent, he needs to find out who it is and call him/her himself. Explain situation and business agent will go from there. If it’s on record his manager telling him it’s his call whether or not he feels safe, he will probably get his job back. He will have to file whatever his business agent tells him to. First things first contact business agent, ask his union rep in his center for there number and contact ASAP

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I once went out with an impossible dispatch when I was a rookie. 22:30 rolls around and the sup called me telling me to bring the packages back and throw them on the belt. No need to sheet them. He refused to send that over the DIAD. I pullled back in, put my phone on record, and had him repeat the instruction to me. They tried to come after me the following week. Showed them the video. Should have seen their faces. NEVER leave anything to chance with this scumbag organization.
224 Mafia approval stamp!

tumblr_py9oc8Aall1vrnprto3_500.gifv