Discharged in March for untimely grievance from February for attendance..

Nimnim

The Nim
Do you really think a discharge over how a delivery is classified is warranted?

No, but if the driver is a thorn in managements side I don't see why they wouldn't push for it. Worst case for them the driver grieves and continues working like nothing happened. Else the driver gets a clue and isn't a thorn or does things by the book while still possibly being a thorn and management has to grin and bear it.

box_beeyotch

No, but if the driver is a thorn in managements side I don't see why they wouldn't push for it. Worst case for them the driver grieves and continues working like nothing happened. Else the driver gets a clue and isn't a thorn or does things by the book while still possibly being a thorn and management has to grin and bear it.

Exactly. I've been a cover driver a year and seen other drivers fired for way more stupid minor things.

UPSGUY72

Unfortunately had a lot on my plate...and overlooked filing in timely manner...

IF you just showed up to work like everyone else you wouldn't have this problem you have. It isn't that hard I don't care what kind of problems you have there are people that have worse problems that you and they somehow manage to show up to work everyday.

I would have filed the grievance to next day when I got to work. Filing a grievance take less then 5 minutes and hardly any brains cells. What the hell where you waiting for ?????

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Do you really think a discharge over how a delivery is classified is warranted?

We were told that because UPS got the pharmaceutical accounts, substantially based on the promise of delivery to the pharmacies rather than the dock, the shippers wanted verification. Hence the need for choosing "inside."
I agree it seems petty justification for termination, but some folks are slow to respond to warning letters. It's possible.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Um, not necessarily.

His Local and the company agreed to meet.... when they didn't have to.

Let's see what happens.

-Bug-
Yes they did have to meet.

The local didn't have to process the grievance, but since it did, the company has to hear it.

Granted, it may be a short hearing....

Walk in the door. Company says "point of order. Untimely grievance."

The local can still push it to the State, but it may only last 3 seconds there also.

Point being that the company had to hear it since the local processed it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told that because UPS got the pharmaceutical accounts, substantially based on the promise of delivery to the pharmacies rather than the dock, the shippers wanted verification. Hence the need for choosing "inside."
I agree it seems petty justification for termination, but some folks are slow to respond to warning letters. It's possible.

Inside delivery is not limited to pharmacies. I have been told to designate all of the deliveries that I make in Walmart as inside delivery.

Brownified

Every business I deliver to is number 9. Inside delivery no matter where it's taken to. This was ordered to be done by management. They don't like dealing with more reports than needed.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Inside delivery is not limited to pharmacies. I have been told to designate all of the deliveries that I make in Walmart as inside delivery.

Correct, my pharmacy example is just that. Walmart Optical, Jewelry, Subways etc. I think they're just along for the ride tho. I doubt Subways is following their tracking like the drug shippers are.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Could you clarify what you mean by that ?

It gives the impression (as a "package center") manager....

You have full-time drivers being discharged, and filing un-timely grievances.

Help me out.

-Bug-

Sorry BUG didn't mean to imply the wrong thing, 3 long time pre-loaders failed to file timely grievances on their attendance discharge, I called them at home and told them they had been let go.

So far drivers the drivers are coming too work.