Dishonest Management Practice?

T

therodog

Dannyboy, i cence a supervisor in here.
anonymous.gif
Just ask your managers if they have
RoadRunner Internet. Do you/they live in TN? A lot of Supervisors will access this site from work, they have a proxy server that can sometimes hide them too.

(Message edited by therodog on August 27, 2005)

D

dannyboy

FE

Just go skipping down the belt again, you will feel better. But watch out for those bolts!
rofl.gif

T

tieguy

great example danny of managment working with a driver. Great example OKie of how management never gets credit for trying to cover for a driver.

This "fictitous" example could have backfired if the driver that came out and helped had also gotten stuck or had an accident helping driver number 1.

B

big_arrow_up

<font color="000000">I've called customers to come meet me out at the end of their dirt "driveways" and sometimes they are pissed about it and sometimes not. When I tell them that I don't want to risk getting stuck because it could put me out of service for a year they usually can't believe that UPS would have a such a policy. They all think it is a rediculous policy and Ihave to agree but I figure if I don't put myself in the position where I can get stuck then I won't have to worry about it and that is exactly why I call the customer if it is possible or leave packages with neighbors or whatever. I'm a new driver so I have little experience with this so far and the thing that really concerns me is what happens in winter when there is snow every where and you are more likely to get stuck and cant call each and every customer out. What then? Is there any bending of the rules during times like that? </font>

P

pd109

Sounds to me that you have the big picture,(anyone remember the big picture?)anything to chisel away the minutes wasted in a day is better for you and the company.If you have a C.O.D.for a huge corporation,it pays to run in and give the receptionist the amount and pop back later and 99% of the time the check is waiting.UPS doesn`t train you to do this,but when you see the same people every day,and you want to try your best to make the delivery instead of just bringing it to the clerk as "couldnt get up road" it tells me you are thinking.And that makes for a good ups driver.Kudos to you.

D

dannyboy

Bending of rules is a center by center, even down to driver by driver issue. Some places you could almost turn one over before anything gets said. In other areas a scratch on the bumper, a broken mirror or any tire that goes off road can get you set back.

BUt then of course, we are all liars per FE. Getting stuck is not an issue for safe driving at UPS.

"The theme of this thread is whether or not what, as good drivers, we are reporting is an accident." REally FE? Where is that the theme in this thread? Or is it just your personal take on what this thread should be about.

Winter time is a hard time. You are the one responsible to make safe decsions based on your knowledge and experience. The less experience you have, the more likely you are to have problems. But then again, sometimes more experienced drivers take risks that backfire.

As a rookie, I would err on the side of caution. At least until you have your 30 days in.

d

(Message edited by dannyboy on September 03, 2005)

F

feguy

Aww, Danny, it's so cute, your having such a hard on for me.

"BUt then of course, we are all liars per FE. Getting stuck is not an issue for safe driving at UPS." - dannyboy

Sorry, never said it. Never implied it, and don't think it. Please get your facts straight, for you look ridiculous when you don't. Something we are used to, from you, however.
Come with me, I'm taking you to school again...I said your statement was false.
False statements can be mis-statements, made by mistake or accident, they can be statements made by a confused person, by a stupid person who knows no better, any number of things. Sure, they can be lies, too, but I never made any specification about your particular statement, except that it was in fact false.
Get over it, everyone has mispoke at some time or another. You are not above it. We forgive you already.

D

dannyboy

"Now we all know that if a wrecker is called, then there will be an accident charged to the center and the driver, causing the driver to bet bumped off delivery for at least a year, but for all practical purposes it will be two years before he can go back to delivery." is false.

So someone else posted this instead of you?

As for your homosexual remark, I would expect no less from someone with no scruples or imagination.

d

F

fed

--Listen to danny boy and you will be just as sour as him, It is time to understand if you don't like your job quit and go find another, you complain bitch and moan way to much. you must be one pain in the ass at work.

D

dannyboy

I am a pain in the ass to know-it-all, bobbing down the belt waiting for a bolt of electricity to strike me, Ive done everything there is to do at UPS, You cant tell me a thing prick of a supervisor.

There, now do you feel better.

As for loving my job, that would be the only reason I stay, what is your excuse?

d

F

fed

kickin the <font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font> out of people like you. It is fun easy and entertaining. YOu make being Manager fun and put excitement into our lives.......

T

toonertoo

Lots of anger here, and once again an unregistered guest making those comments about "if you dont like it leave". Gotta be a newbie, just got a degree and knows it all. God Bless him. Of course there is never an option of "fix the problem", because in his world we are just a bunch of over the hill, lackadaisical, lazy, overpaid personnel.
Get a life bucko......THAT is not the problem here. Take off your earphone piece, and let your pc work go for the day, and get on a truck, and when lunch time hits, it will really suck to be you as your tummy will rumble all day til there is time. Dont judge where you have never been, and if you have been there then prove it. Then and only then will your judgement of anything be taken seriously.

T

toonertoo

You are probaly a wannabe anything, you are probaly so low you are at a library using their pc to spread hate and discontent, you are insignificant.
If you are a manager it is at toilets r us.

T

trickpony1

tooner,
Be patient. His ego will come back to bite him eventually. I've seen it happen before.

D

dannyboy

Guys guys guys, you would not even stoop to pick up a dog pile along the road, why even respond to his sick posts. That is what feeds his/her ego.

Ignore the sick puppy.

d