Dispatch/Cover Drivers

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
We are suppose to be getting 19 driving jobs this year spread out between 3 centers. I would be #1, so I would have some guys underneath me. I have been a bid eam driver for seven years and done some basic temp driving during the summer and peak.

I have a good relationship with a lot of the drivers. I have a good basic skeleton knowledge of the area in the center I would go to.

The problem is, like everyone else who has a family, the long hours away from the family! I know the pro's and con's but it's still a tough choice. I'll have to make decision this week.
If you have a bid Air Driving route paying $26/hr you should keep that rate until progression passes it. Way ahead of guys starting at $18.75/hr. Time away from the family is a consideration but at least you come home every night and have weekends and Holidays and vacations off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our center is much smaller. The dispatches are always the same at ours. 9 hr days. But, brownslave is an ot whore in his smaller center
Only on the days I work....... Yesterday was actually really nice. Barely worked 8.

My situation mostly comes down to the routes I know seem to be surrounded by 25 year drivers. The guys that normally run the routes I run have less than 5 years in and run and skip their break.

This is no lie taking my full hour or getting to start 15-20 minutes earlier can be the difference in an 8 hour and 10 hour day with the way these routes are set up.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Only on the days I work....... Yesterday was actually really nice. Barely worked 8.

My situation mostly comes down to the routes I know seem to be surrounded by 25 year drivers. The guys that normally run the routes I run have less than 5 years in and run and skip their break.

This is no lie taking my full hour or getting to start 15-20 minutes earlier can be the difference in an 8 hour and 10 hour day with the way these routes are set up.

Yes on Monday's we start a half hr earlier (8:30). It does help a lot. Tuesday's is 9. Wed to fri -8:40. But, for some reason they still can't dispatch correctly