Dispatcher?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
You mean the lady with no area knowledge, who’s never delivered a package or driven the truck, who messages me on road giving me more work?
Or
The guy with no area knowledge, who’s never delivered a package or driven the truck, who gets up at 11 pm after a few hours sleep and puts my route together, giving me more work?
Why would you want to be that lady or that guy?

Damn!!! Lol

You need to write the job description for when they are hiring because you nailed it.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If you’re serious about wanting a PDS position you first need to become a permanent employee. PVD’s are temporary and will only be used as a buffer till we spit out enough 22.4’s from Intergrad.

Our current PDS started as an OMS and then Went to Security and then into his current role. He had ZERO desire to be a PDS but the previous one applied to be an On Car.

Guys will bust your balls cause your position isn’t contractually suppprted and is viewed as a job killer. Where I am we are approaching a 100 new drivers so by no means is a PVD preventing new jobs. Also most are PTers who signed up to do it.

Anyhow my suggestion is apply to be a driver and go from there. Best opportunity to get a Birdseye view of the operation and for you to determine your next move.