"You are not currently eligible for rehire."

bruins55

So for the past two years that I've been finishing up school here in Louisville, KY, I've spent each summer working as a seasonal package handler. I loved the job; it was a good source of cash and work I didn't mind doing every day.

Now I've graduated, and hopefully looking to return to UPS and hopefully work my way up out on the ramp as I no longer have a commitment to school.

So I go to fill out an application as usual, and upon completion I'm met with this message "Thank you for your interest in opportunities with UPS, however our records indicate that as a former employee of UPS you are not currently eligible for rehire." This confused the hell out of me at first.

But a few quick Google searches later and I found the root of the issue. Last Christmas break I applied and attended training to be a seasonal package handler over Peak. On the fourth day of our training, I left the house a minute or so too late, and ended up getting to the gate at, I kid you not, 10:01am instead of our start time of 10am.

As I said we were still training at that point so I didn't have an ID to badge in yet, nor did I have the contact info of either of our trainers to get in touch with them. I figured my dad, having been a UPS pilot for the past 20+ years, might have some advice so I called him and he basically told me I was screwed.

So I figure that the reason I'm being met with this message is because of being a no-show. And that hurts, because I can remember that at the time I was livid at myself for being late and missing out on an income for that break.

I understand that having been late, UPS is basically telling me they don't want me because I'm unreliable. And I find that to be 100% fair and warranted, but this is something I really want to get back into, and something I would do almost anything for another chance at. So I figured I'd ask around on here and see if there is some sort of appeal I can file, a department I can contact, or anything. Because it's the only time I've ever been late to a job in my life, and I want an opportunity to prove I'm both valuable as well as reliable.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to explain everything. Thanks in advance for any advice.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So for the past two years that I've been finishing up school here in Louisville, KY, I've spent each summer working as a seasonal package handler. I loved the job; it was a good source of cash and work I didn't mind doing every day.

Now I've graduated, and hopefully looking to return to UPS and hopefully work my way up out on the ramp as I no longer have a commitment to school.

So I go to fill out an application as usual, and upon completion I'm met with this message "Thank you for your interest in opportunities with UPS, however our records indicate that as a former employee of UPS you are not currently eligible for rehire." This confused the hell out of me at first.

But a few quick Google searches later and I found the root of the issue. Last Christmas break I applied and attended training to be a seasonal package handler over Peak. On the fourth day of our training, I left the house a minute or so too late, and ended up getting to the gate at, I kid you not, 10:01am instead of our start time of 10am.

As I said we were still training at that point so I didn't have an ID to badge in yet, nor did I have the contact info of either of our trainers to get in touch with them. I figured my dad, having been a UPS pilot for the past 20+ years, might have some advice so I called him and he basically told me I was screwed.

So I figure that the reason I'm being met with this message is because of being a no-show. And that hurts, because I can remember that at the time I was livid at myself for being late and missing out on an income for that break.

I understand that having been late, UPS is basically telling me they don't want me because I'm unreliable. And I find that to be 100% fair and warranted, but this is something I really want to get back into, and something I would do almost anything for another chance at. So I figured I'd ask around on here and see if there is some sort of appeal I can file, a department I can contact, or anything. Because it's the only time I've ever been late to a job in my life, and I want an opportunity to prove I'm both valuable as well as reliable.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to explain everything. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Call HR where you are and see if it can be worked out.