Dispatchers...

Grey

How big of an impact can he have in regards to a center's performance? At our hub the guy is smart and reasonable yet the drivers seem to hate him. Seems like an impossible job trying keep everyone satisfied.

CHALLY9TX

He probably has the most impact out of all the management. Yes it's impossible to please all the drivers. You have the center manager expecting you to hit the numbers and drivers expecting you to give them a perfect dispatch.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
DPS's are no different than drivers in the sense that they have to work as directed too.

As Dave said, the ridiculous edict that is "stops per car" ties their hands.

In a company where micromanagement seems to be king, the one all-encompassing rule is the one that is most crippling.

I can remember back to a time not so long ago when center managers were allowed to run their own centers. Rarely, and I do mean rarely, would you see any driver get back to the building after dark.

Indecisi0n

stare_zpspxrsro73.gif

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Our DPS is allegedly one of the top 10 in the country . . . On paper. He hits His numbers like its nothin.

The only problem is he doesn't dipatch in the real world. So we often end up with one or two stops in a neighborhood (even delivering to the same street) beause driver a need 150 stops and driver b need 145 and that's where the break was. Never mind that 2 more stops for driver a to del that whole neighborhood would have taken no time at all but driver b wastes 10 mins driving to those two stops.

But it all looks good on paper.

I'm just glad DPS is the same level as an on road as ours consistently go toe to toe with him in an attempt to get silly crap like this fixed.

I can also generally walk into his office and say "hey can you cut such and such? It really is dumb " and he generally will if I can prove my case.

If he doesn't I just tell the pt DPS he said it's ok and they do it

Pooter

All I ask is that I don't get busy ass streets put at the end.

I break away early when I can but other times I'm delivering during rush hour; thanks :censored2:. >:(

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can also generally walk into his office and say "hey can you cut such and such? It really is dumb " and he generally will if I can prove my case.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Won't be much longer and dispatch will be done by someone in a cubicle hundreds of miles away.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Our dispatch guy blowz asczz lol. I get it that they have a job to do and if stop counts are high sometimes and everything comes from above but damm dude at least make it make sense and try and keep you in a tighter area instead of going from 1 town to another planet, freakin ridiculous, just laugh my way to the bank with their retardedness lmfao.

S

selfcancelsignal

I know overallowed isn't in the contract, but is the stops per car metric? Our night OMS tried to tell me it is, but after a quick once over, I couldn't find it.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
My
We had three drivers in one neighborhood the other day. Two went to the same house. Sounds effective to me.
My first reaction was to call bs on you.

But then I recalled a time when a past center manager wanted our 22.3 drivers ( preload, eam, am air) drivers to earn their keep after 10:30 rather them coming back to the building and doing porter work.

So they cut savers off full routes for them to del. the idea was to lower stop counts.

Seemed legit.

Only problem was they often ended up delivering a saver to house I had ground for. It ended up not doing anything but costing more in fuel and veh west and tear. They also had to pay local sort people to come in early to do the porter type work the 22.3s didn't do anymore.

Our DPS is allegedly one of the top 10 in the country . . . On paper. He hits His numbers like its nothin.

The only problem is he doesn't dipatch in the real world. So we often end up with one or two stops in a neighborhood (even delivering to the same street) beause driver a need 150 stops and driver b need 145 and that's where the break was. Never mind that 2 more stops for driver a to del that whole neighborhood would have taken no time at all but driver b wastes 10 mins driving to those two stops.

But it all looks good on paper.

I'm just glad DPS is the same level as an on road as ours consistently go toe to toe with him in an attempt to get silly crap like this fixed.

Miles are your friend

HardknocksUPSer

When the usual dispatcher at my center goes on vacation he's replaced by a :censored2: for a week, somehow he was capable of making every package of mine come down the belt with a 1000-1999 PAL label. Talk about a :censored2: show