Disqualified for accident

Re-Raise

the driving mistakes some people make makes me wonder how they ever got a drivers license

its very common to see people in the pouring rain when its almost completely dark out with there headlights off driving 10mph over the speed limit in the right lane wheres theres 6 inches of water against the curb and its VERY easy to hydroplane talking on there cell phones absolutely oblivious to the world around them

by biggest pet peeve is definitely tailgaters...i swear to god they piss me off so much.....if i have to stop suddenly you are going to hurt me, cost me alot of money and make me go through alot of smile* i dont want to go through just because you cant stay back off my bumper

when im in my personal vehicle whenever im getting tailgated i call that person out, i have bad temper and road rage problems (off the clock) and i pull to the side of the road and let them pass me then i gun it and ride there ass honking and flashing my high beams if its dark out

i HATE tailgaters, just back the friend* up

Happy place. Go to your happy place !

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My sup's must think I am nuts when they ride with me. I am always talking to the traffic around me. Like, "come on darlin, I got places to go and people to see" or " get the friend.... outta my way you idiot" or "maroon". None of them have ever said anything but I can imagine what they are thinking.:wink2:

PS I don't drive aggressively, I just talk to them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
dilli,

It's a fact of life that everybody in front of you is a slow moving maroon and must be referred to as such..... and.....everyone behind you is a speeding idiot and must be called as such.

I talk out loud all day and it's just me & the dog here. If the dog wasn't here, I'd still be talking out loud.

"Come on darlin'" said aloud is much more calming than to hold a thought inside like, "Move it :censored2:!" A bunch of those held-in thoughts will stroke you out.

Your ride along probably gave you gold stars for keeping a level head.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

City Driver--I do hope that you are able to separate your professional and personal driving habits and that the personal doesn't start to filter in to your professional.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm sure they told you something to the effect of "you didn't clear the intersection by looking left right left." Trust me, they have an out with everything. But you really should learn to not signal till you've cleared the last street before your turn. Keep trying though. It sucks when you get into an accident like that and then have to hop back in a truck and try it again. You'll be freaked out for the first few days at just about every intersection with a car at the corner, but you'll loosen up after a while. Sorry about your misfortune.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Saturday Air Driving is a completely different job, and in no way related or tied to package delivery during the week. It is wholly and completely separate.
Not true in any sense of the word. If you get into an accident while on property parking your package car, then you have to get a space and visibility before they let you back in the truck for any reason including Saturday Air. I've been in a few accidents on property. They would not let me drive Saturday until I got my S and V. If you're a Saturday driver then you are able to be a cover driver. The only difference is in work load on a Saturday and the pay scale they screw you with.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Not true in any sense of the word. If you get into an accident while on property parking your package car, then you have to get a space and visibility before they let you back in the truck for any reason including Saturday Air. I've been in a few accidents on property. They would not let me drive Saturday until I got my S and V. If you're a Saturday driver then you are able to be a cover driver. The only difference is in work load on a Saturday and the pay scale they screw you with.

This is factually incorrect.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My sup's must think I am nuts when they ride with me. I am always talking to the traffic around me. Like, "come on darlin, I got places to go and people to see" or " get the friend.... outta my way you idiot" or "maroon". None of them have ever said anything but I can imagine what they are thinking.:wink2:

PS I don't drive aggressively, I just talk [-]to[/-] AT them.

The trucks say FedEx Express. :funny:
Like I said, you've got a good point there. Why not pose that question to MrFedEx, and see what he says. I'd like to know, myself.

all i ever do when driving for work is blow my horn, would never mess around in a semi like that
Please, be careful, City.