Disqualified from cover driving

jrf4life

In my center cover driving is a part time job. Yesterday i was disqualified from cover driving:sick:. Can i still run saturday air ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was your disqualification based upon your actions while driving the pkg car or was it based upon you not making the numbers during your 30 days? If it was based upon not making the numbers but had nothing to do with your driving you should be OK to drive Saturday air.

rod

Retired 22 years
You will find out in your UPS career that there will be many things that you are "not qualified for"-----------------------------------------------unless they are short handed and then you will suddenly "be qualified".:wink2:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
"...Yesterday i was disqualified from cover driving:sick:...."

Well, of course it depends - we need more information.

If you were DQ'd because they felt you were slower than you should have been, then you will probably still be allowed to run Sat air.

However, if you were DQ'd because you brought in a machine gun and, yelling obscenities and total gibberish, mowed down half the drivers for no reason at all, then you will probably be promoted to management.

jrf4life

i was DQed because she said i needed more time to learn to drive the 5 speed package car like UPS wants you to drive it . can i still drive sat air.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"...Yesterday i was disqualified from cover driving:sick:...."

Well, of course it depends - we need more information.

If you were DQ'd because they felt you were slower than you should have been, then you will probably still be allowed to run Sat air.

However, if you were DQ'd because you brought in a machine gun and, yelling obscenities and total gibberish, mowed down half the drivers for no reason at all, then you will probably be promoted to management.

What does WIBHYR spell?

i was DQed because she said i needed more time to learn to drive the 5 speed package car like UPS wants you to drive it . can i still drive sat air.
Did you ask her where the 5 speed package car simulator was located? Makes no sense to DQ someone because they need more experience.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
i was DQed because she said i needed more time to learn to drive the 5 speed package car like UPS wants you to drive it...

No disrespect - you are obviously leaving something out. I mean very obviously. What would make them feel that way? Did you stall alot? Miss gears? Trip over the shifter?

I feel like a dentist.

UPSGUY72

Is this your first time driving a stick ??

If so that might be the problem ups doesn't teach people to how to drive a stick. You either know it or you don't.

If you driven them before than you just have to get used to driving each package car every stick drives a little different. So what the supervisor told you was a bunch of garbage.

If you need more time they usually extend your 30 days possible another 30 days to they think you can do the job. It's probably more like things are getting slow and they don't need you driving right now.

jrf4life

i did stall out twice, but after her going nuts and yelling at me to say the safety info. i could not even say anything without her yelling at me first . I could not think straight with all the yelling. her yelling effected my driving and thought process.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sounds like me driving with my wife, what with all the yelling. Shut the hell up for the love of god, I'm a professional teamster driver.

jrf4life

this was during driver training ! I know cover driving is more lucrative but can i still do sat air after getting dq'ed for cover driving.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
There won't be a sure answer given here. Here are your two choices...

1. If you really MUST know, before Saturday, ask your SUP. GOOD: You'll know for sure. BAD: You may be reminding them that they don't want you to work Saturdays anymore.

2. Just show up Saturday for Air. GOOD: You'll probably drive, because they probably communicate as well as they do here BAD: If they did communicate, and they don't want you to drive Saturdays, you woke up early for nothing.

I'd do #2

pissedoffmanager

can i still drive saturday air ?

In most areas yes you can, if you passed the weeklong drivers class, your disqualification as a cover driver will not affect you driving Saturday air. You may however be required to undergo another road test with the Saturday supervisor in your center, but under the contract you can still be an air/shuttle driver during the week, and can drive Saturday air, I say this as being someone from the eastern part of the country, in my former center, this was the case, due to different areas of the country....it may be different.