Disqualified on Day 29.

MrBates

I’m here for some advice. I got my shot at being a ups driver last month and was Disqualified in day 29 for a technicality. They said the numbers I displayed couldn’t be sold to their boss.The problem begins with my route, it was not designated for training, nor was it an actual training route. It was a route they threw me in when the other driver when out while everyone else got a training route. I was told the minimum packages per hour was 17 but then they changed it to 20 when I hit 17 for a week straight. I then hit 20 one day , then 22 the next day, after that my truck when from 160 stops to 200 with the fact they combined my Saturday route with my “training route”. Now it’s my last week I’m being told I need to string together some good days while Also being told I’m one of the heaviest drivers going out with about 200 stops or more. To add on to the pressure I had nothing but new hires loading my truck. When day 29 wrapped up, they pulled me in and said, “Your capable of doing the job,You demonstrated you can work safe, and you got the speed, but we can’t sell these numbers to our boss”. “This isn’t a route anyone can make scratch but you set a record”. “Sorry try again in 6 months”. Sounds like some bull:censored2: if you ask me. Please help a guy out. I honestly feel like I wasn’t given a fair shot.

It isnt fair but it is what it is. My first time around I got disqualified on day 28. I made it on my second try and now I live every day making them pay for disqualifying me the first time. Play the game and try again, then once you qualify, let the inner teamster out and make em pay.

21Savage

Probably too slow and needed help too much on a cake route. No other reason they wouldn't keep you in these times.

You say "200 stops" as if that's a lot. If it wasn't a business route with a ton of pickups, you just suck, sorry.

Last edited:

Seymour Packages

Sorry to hear your experience. Unfortunately, management in this company is built on lies, false promises, and scumbaggery. If you can play the game and qualify in the future, make them pay every day.

Chrstian

What supplemental are you under?

To be honest not much you can do. Problem is the company can pretty much disqualify you for anything during your qualifying. I recommend you file a grievance but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
I’m sorry I don’t understand what supplement means. If it helps I’m under Local 162.

Chrstian

Probably too slow and needed help too much on a cake route. No other reason they wouldn't keep you in these times.

You say "200 stops" as if that's a lot. If it wasn't a business route with a ton of pickups, you just suck, sorry.
I see where your coming from don’t be sorry it is what it is. I just feel like I wasn’t given a fair enough shot. If management pushed a goal, then I meet that goal, then change the goal, met the goal again. Then failed and told that not even a veteran driver can make scratch with nor meet the numbers that I did. That’s where my confusion comes in. I met the goal, set a new one. Then let go??

Chrstian

You are right in the last part. When my stop count reached 200 they randomly sent me help without me asking. As if they knew what they were setting me up for.

Chrstian

I’m in need of verifying whether they gave me a fair shot at being a driver. Based of what I just discussed with the individuals above.

11.19igrad

Talk to your steward. It describes in the contract how they will train new drivers. You didn’t have a training route. They gave you 200 stops... they are supposed to follow the packet and work your way up to a full day. File a grievance.
whoa whoa whoa i never knew this

11.19igrad

A route i sometimes run has Amazon lockers at an apt complex. If you get there too late, FedEx or Amazon will fill the lockers up and you have to deliver the pkgs to the residents doors. Say if a driver made sure to beat the competition to the lockers every day, could this affect the time allowance on the route?
i learned that s early. id beeline straight there first after air and fill everything up. day i messed up was only my 2nd sat having to walk stuff to 8 different apartment sets on a 13 hr saturday. i didn't realize how fried i was mentally. still dont understand. i put truck in park and brake up in my sleep....

11.19igrad

It's cheaper to let you go and bring you back as a seasonal...

Over and over.

I see at all the time.

Don't take it personally or beat yourself up over it.

Move on, find something else.

Good luck.

interpretation:

break your ass and brain to land a sort of decent job ( until you understand contracts) then just start all over from scratch for a job because your time and effort and life is meaningless and chasing illusions of a good job is what you should do until you die. i made it, i could care less...

Tucker88

Banned
I just completed my 15th day as a package car driver. The problem is my book has only been filled out till day 3. I was with a supervisor for the first three days and he filled it out. But since then I’ve been by myself and have had 3 different routes. I’ve also gotten back early almost all the days and then have gone and helped others finish there route. My sup tells me I really haven’t run scratch and it’s not my fault because I’ve ended my day helping others and with that the numbers don’t help in my favor. I was told they were going to give me more volume so I don’t get back early or have to help others so they can get a better idea on my numbers during the week. Does it not matter that my book hasn’t been filled out yet. My on road sup said he was going to come on the road with me to evaluate me but it hasn’t happen yet. Keeps saying he’s busy and will do it another day.. I’m seasonal till Jan but was hoping to qualify and make full time soon. Is the 30 day book for 30 calendar days or 30 working days ? I think I only saw 20 days in the book but the book is with my sup now. I’m just wondering if cause the book has only been filled out 3 days then I’ve only done 3 days. Very frustrated right now anf not sure what’s going on

Chrstian

I just completed my 15th day as a package car driver. The problem is my book has only been filled out till day 3. I was with a supervisor for the first three days and he filled it out. But since then I’ve been by myself and have had 3 different routes. I’ve also gotten back early almost all the days and then have gone and helped others finish there route. My sup tells me I really haven’t run scratch and it’s not my fault because I’ve ended my day helping others and with that the numbers don’t help in my favor. I was told they were going to give me more volume so I don’t get back early or have to help others so they can get a better idea on my numbers during the week. Does it not matter that my book hasn’t been filled out yet. My on road sup said he was going to come on the road with me to evaluate me but it hasn’t happen yet. Keeps saying he’s busy and will do it another day.. I’m seasonal till Jan but was hoping to qualify and make full time soon. Is the 30 day book for 30 calendar days or 30 working days ? I think I only saw 20 days in the book but the book is with my sup now. I’m just wondering if cause the book has only been filled out 3 days then I’ve only done 3 days. Very frustrated right now anf not sure what’s going on
New route is automatically seniority from what I know