District Manager

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There is little chance you are talking about your "District Manager" (maybe your Division manager).
The new District Managers have little time to meet hourly employees.
District Managers spend their time in meetings, conference calls and meeting with customers.

Regardless, you should not talk to her about anything based on this post.
Let's not forget time spent riding in the stretch limo. Which is a great example of not only the arrogance, but wastefulness of this company.
My father was head transportation manager for Entergy and had 8 "district" level managers working for him - and when out of town on business, he rarely if ever rented better than a cheap compact.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Let's not forget time spent riding in the stretch limo. Which is a great example of not only the arrogance, but wastefulness of this company.
My father was head transportation manager for Entergy and had 8 "district" level managers working for him - and when out of town on business, he rarely if ever rented better than a cheap compact.

Half expected to see the limo here too. No such (un)luck.

brownIEman

Maybe you work in the spend-it district. I interacted with several Dirstrict Managers in my career especially during my Tech days when I did the tech setup and support for managers meetings (even assisted in facilitating a BOD meeting one year) Never saw any of them in a stretch limo.

Which sucks when I think about it. I probably could have fabricated an excuse for why they would need a technician with them in the limo and then being the like-able guy I am I'm sure I could have talked them into sharing the hookers and blow.

brownIEman

Leave it alone. He's trying to portray a ridiculous narrative

Yes, but it is funny how ridiculous that narrative is for those of us who saw the culture first hand, especially when you think about how firmly Unsure and his ilk believe the narrative and will never be dissuaded. There is a part of me that thinks well, crap, if the hourlies are all gonna convince themselves that the UPS fat cat execs drive around in Limo's full of hookers and blow, they might as well drive around in Limo's full of hookers and blow. Maybe that's what they'll use the Peak surcharge money for this year...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes, but it is funny how ridiculous that narrative is for those of us who saw the culture first hand, especially when you think about how firmly Unsure and his ilk believe the narrative and will never be dissuaded. There is a part of me that thinks well, crap, if the hourlies are all gonna convince themselves that the UPS fat cat execs drive around in Limo's full of hookers and blow, they might as well drive around in Limo's full of hookers and blow. Maybe that's what they'll use the Peak surcharge money for this year...
Always a few conspiracy nuts in every building

brownIEman

So there were no visitors and no stretch limo last week. I am glad people that are likely thousands of miles away can confirm.

No one said anything about any visits to your center ( including you prior to this post ). All we are telling you is that no district manager we've ever heard of would rent a stretch limo to visit a center. Any DM that did so would in short order find himself explaining why in the region managers office. And combined we have north of 70 years experience dealing with these folks.
So if this did go down as you seem to be claiming we are going to need more than just your word for it. I can't speak for frigidftsup or Monkey, but if you can send me a sample of the hookers and blow ill sure as he'll buy your story!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No one said anything about any visits to your center ( including you prior to this post ). All we are telling you is that no district manager we've ever heard of would rent a stretch limo to visit a center. Any DM that did so would in short order find himself explaining why in the region managers office. And combined we have north of 70 years experience dealing with these folks.
So if this did go down as you seem to be claiming we are going to need more than just your word for it. I can't speak for frigidftsup or Monkey, but if you can send me a sample of the hookers and blow ill sure as he'll buy your story!
I don't expect you to believe me, nor am I going to try to convice you. :)

CoolStoryBro

You should transfer to a small center that is at least 100 miles away from wherever the "district manager" works. You will never see this person. In fact you won't even know who they are. I'm in a small, extended center and I don't even know what a district is or what a district manager does. Maybe once or twice per year someone with a suit watches our PCM but does not talk to us. Is that the mythical district manager? No idea.
Your only option to deal with this person is to transfer.

Cool Story Bro

J92

I have a District manager that is the most unprofessional person I have ever worked for in my career. She is constantly passing gas and stinks so bad that I can't stand to be near her. She also smells like urine when you get near her. She also lies so bad you can't trust anything she says. Can anyone give me some advise on how to handle this situation? How do you work with someone like this and survive at UPS? Should I talk to her about these things?

I wonder what you have to do to get that high up to be district manager? If she smells bad, it must be her secret weapon to continue moving up and not have to do anything maybe.