District Xmas Stress

over9five

Staff member
"It was negoitiated (sp)years ago by the union, now the company uses it to their advantage as a tool."

That's the truth. It's a way to keep us out later for later p/us.

Satellite, I found the error in your thinking:

"Any sane manager/sup would know why you are in the building hanging around."

LOL!

AlaskaMike

Info in your DIAD cannot be used against you according to Article 37. If you are "observed" then that is different. One has nothing to do with the other.

Not true. You can't be fired for exceeding "personal time". You can be fired for deliberately falsifying your DIAD info, and claiming to have lunch between 12:00 and 12:30 while also showing deliveries at the same time counts as falsifying data. It depends on what kind of sup or manager you have. I had a manager tell me that accidentally double scanning the same package (long stupid story...) one day was a violation of the honesty policy because, as he claimed, I was trying to fluff my package count. By One Whole Package. So it depends on the management team, but I'd be careful and always enter your lunch and breaks when you take them. You can be yelled at for taking lunch in the building, but you can be fired for falsifying your DIAD entries.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
ALASKAMIKE

YOU ARE WRONG

My center manager told me he could care less if I skip my lunch or take it.

BUT,

A lunch better be in the diad board for an hour or the division manager was gonna make him start the termination process

This is how it is in New England now

I do my job so well, that I'm threatened warning letters for not typing it into the board, let alone taking the damn lunch

What A Joke

(maybe I should sign a contract that states I will not participate in a class-action lawsuit) (might work)

rod

Retired 22 years
I'll let you in on a little secret ( your center manager really wants you to skip your break and enter it as though you have taken it on your DIAD). PSSSTTTT - don't tell anyone.

I'll let you in on a little secret ( your center manager really wants you to skip your break and enter it as though you have taken it on your DIAD). PSSSTTTT - don't tell anyone.

That's how management gets fired.

DS

Fenderbender
Hey AlaskaMike...great to have you aboard,do you wear shorts yearound like those crazy buggers in Calgary?

BCFan

Take a half hour break for lunch during the day. Why is this such a complicated issue.

:angry:take a lunch HOUR in the middle of the day and send message that you will probably not make the commit time for the air shuttle/pull .....ask for instructions as to which option the center wants you to do ...either missed packages or missed air ....its really a no brainer for us drivers we are not empowered to make those decisions...make the center manager's and Driver Stups sweat out the details....you are only running a route that they screwed up by poor planning , excess work, and in some cases motivated by GREED of a Center Mgr that is looking for a sweet BONUS (at the expence of OUR backs) (the latter applies in my own center now) I say again dont sweat it ,do your job and let the (sic) brains figure out a plan for you:smart: Take Your Full Hour Everyday!!!:wink2: BC (not Being Charged ...for now):funny: