Do any of you drivers have helpers now??

DOK

As far as I know right now, (I have been on vacation so something may have changed,) we send our on-cars out with the seasonal guys. Now we have on retired sup back on payroll to help train all the seasonals we are supposed to get. But I will clarify your question tomorrow to satisfy my own curiosity about this now.

Thank goodness we don't use seasonals. Sounds like a nightmare, by the time they learn the job they're laid off, sounds like a stupid idea. Heck Christmas is only 5 weeks away.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Disgusting....really... routes going out with 100 stops,, routes that still dont OR NEVER WILL have a helper.. the ambiguities relative to our hourly duties and responsibilities need to be addressed

Anthonysg0113

I would rather deliver by myself. Helpers just complicate my day.

Funny story though... 2 peaks ago a driver had a helper who was delivering to an apt complex and I guess the helper had to go to the bathroom and couldn't hold it. He went into a closet in the complex and pee'd. All caught on camera haha
We started golf cart routes today. Helpers next week. I don't want a helper either. You have to take time picking them up, getting back on area, and all we are getting to do is line up stops. To get done 30 minutes earlier. Id rather do it all myself and get done maybe an hour later.

iowa boy

As far as I know right now, (I have been on vacation so something may have changed,) we send our on-cars out with the seasonal guys. Now we have on retired sup back on payroll to help train all the seasonals we are supposed to get. But I will clarify your question tomorrow to satisfy my own curiosity about this now.

This am I found out we now have 5 seasonal drivers on payroll and sent out 6 helpers today. The person that delivered to me on Monday was a helper as we started helpers on Monday.

ChrisTheBrown

Yeah that's what I figured. They say stuff just to keep people interested like you'll work 40 hours a week plus overtime if want...stuff I know isn't true from last year.

They've even raised the starting salary from $10.50 to $12 because they can't get enough people.
In my area, they raised it from $9 to $10.10...

Grey

For relatively new FT drivers it would be a lot easier to train helpers with the exact same DIAD's. I never used the ones that the helpers get.

Last peak I just used him as a runner. I'd sheet & complete in the truck and he'd deliver it while I organized. For apt's we DR'd everything for a whole month +. Can't believe nothing from that time period came back to bite me in the butt.