do I have to help?

Macaveli

For the past few weeks if been able to bust my ass and get off early 615ish. Then this week I had to help 3 drivers on the 3 separate days??? Anything I can say or do not to have to help.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
"Work as directed", and enjoy the extra cash. I'm sure the other drivers have families that they would like to go home to.

UPSGUY72

For the past few weeks if been able to bust my ass and get off early 615ish. Then this week I had to help 3 drivers on the 3 separate days??? Anything I can say or do not to have to help.

You could slow down so you don't get done so early? Other than that you'll be shooting yourself in the foot.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Believe me, if you bust your rear to go home early, you will always be expected to go help somebody else. Take your hour of lunch and quit donating free labor to the company.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I hope I get asked to help someone soon. If I don't start getting some hours I'll be hanging my head at Christmas just like Dracula's wife.

barnyard

KTM rider
There are only 6 more days and we are done. Looks like next week could strain the system. My bosses seemed pretty spooked (for lack of a better term) by what next week could bring.

over9five

Staff member
There are only 6 more days and we are done. Looks like next week could strain the system. My bosses seemed pretty spooked (for lack of a better term) by what next week could bring.
They're spooked for good reason. Some IE idiot 1,000 miles away could email them orders to cut routes during Peak Week.

Leftinbuilding

All you can do is hope someone of lesser seniority becomes available. Probably the closest I ever came to getting physical with a supervisor was over this exact issue on a Christmas Eve. After 36 Peaks this incident still stands out in my mind.

barnyard

KTM rider
Like my union rep says "I am not telling you to slow down but to use all the methods." I love it.

and take all your break at a regular time. "Can you meet so and so?? He will be there around 1800, just take some break if you have to wait."

"Sry, took all my break already."

ymelord

It sounds like you are assuming the other drivers are not busting their :censored2:'s, maybe they are, and just got sent out heavier than you.

Last edited:

packageguy

Just work as directed, maybe you should leave the packages out of sight out of weather..lol

Indecisi0n

and take all your break at a regular time. "Can you meet so and so?? He will be there around 1800, just take some break if you have to wait."

"Sry, took all my break already."

I do it all the time. They say we need a meet point where and when are you taking break. My response is always "I don't know when or where."

Nickfury7

I understand where your coming from. I have to help someone everyday also, and I get dispatched with the most stops in my center. I go out with 330 and get done at 530 !nd have to go help someone that goes out with 150 with a helper, its because they want to bs around all day, and don't want to be expose that they can do that, so they will continue to send them ot with that and we will continue to have to save there asses. The older guys are set in there ways, there so use to doing 100 stops that use to be ok in 1999, but its 2012, things are changing, if u can't handle it, retire, or take a article 22 Job, and let us young "runners" handle it.

You sound like one of those drivers that needs help everyday.
Actually I never need help and I don't get screwed because they know I do it by the methods. The firs day of peak I had 58 stops and I went and took about twenty of another member. I'm a team player I was just trying to make a point. I bet you do more stops in two days than I do in a week.