Do I qualify for worker comp and how to apply

Jest9779

I've been working for ups as a part time unloader since the end of Feburary. A week ago hurt my wrist lifting a box, I told my supervisor they had me ice it and had me talk to one of the main people in charge. They asked me how painful it was and asked if I wanted to see a doctor. I said no at the time because I thought it was something that would go away with time, but after a week of being sent home it still hasn't gone away so I was wondering if should see my doctor or ask for their's because I'm worried about it getting worse since the wrist pain spread to my hand at one point. Do I qualify for workers comp even though I've been there for a little over 4 months?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I've been working for ups as a part time unloader since the end of Feburary. A week ago hurt my wrist lifting a box, I told my supervisor they had me ice it and had me talk to one of the main people in charge. They asked me how painful it was and asked if I wanted to see a doctor. I said no at the time because I thought it was something that would go away with time, but after a week of being sent home it still hasn't gone away so I was wondering if should see my doctor or ask for their's because I'm worried about it getting worse since the wrist pain spread to my hand at one point. Do I qualify for workers comp even though I've been there for a little over 4 months?
Before you get the %#&@ roasted out of you, let me guide you to the people who will know the answer and be able to initiate the process for you: HR.

Show up 15-20 minutes early to your next shift and see them. Usually there’s a health and wellness/safety manager at each building for most of the shifts.

Your supervisor will listen for 3 seconds and then disregard + “please return to your area the slide is backing up”

Go to HR first thing and if I’m correct, please drop a tip in the virtual jar so I can keep these fat women drunk every night

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U how did I do?

JJinVA

I think you're gonna throw up a red flag in the eyes of management as being accident prone and theyre gonna give you the chop. If youre filing for work comp 4 months in, youre gonna be viewed as a liability instead of an asset

That said Ive been wearing a wrist brace since I worked in preload, now a driver. I scored one at walmart for less than $10. Seems to do the trick. Pain comes and goes every few months but thats just me. You may have torn some tendons or something that will require surgery but wouldnt hurt to try a brace

Before you get the %#&@ roasted out of you, let me guide you to the people who will know the answer and be able to initiate the process for you: HR.

Show up 15-20 minutes early to your next shift and see them. Usually there’s a health and wellness/safety manager at each building for most of the shifts.

Your supervisor will listen for 3 seconds and then disregard + “please return to your area the slide is backing up”

Go to HR first thing and if I’m correct, please drop a tip in the virtual jar so I can keep these fat women drunk every night

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U how did I do?
I would have told him to fall down right in the middle of his shift say I think I hurt my wrist again now I'm going to the hospital

542thruNthru

Been there done that. But if you wanna dare me to, I might take you up on that and come back to drive package again. Also to prove my manhood to @542thruNthru

giphy-172.gif