Do i REALLY have to shave?

DaveD

I am being accepted as a seasonal driver or diver helper.
I was told that even if I am great I wont be able to come back as a driver but maybe as a PT whatever making much much less IF there are any openings.

I have a short professional goatee. What happens if I show up and DONT shave it?

Will they tell me to leave?

Id hate to shave for just 4 wks. Ive had it for eons.

I know I know ---stupid question, facial hair isnt valuable as money etc...but if you have any situations where this came up please let me know.

Thanks,

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was told that even if I am great I wont be able to come back as a driver but maybe as a PT whatever making much much less IF there are any openings.

I have a short professional goatee. What happens if I show up and DONT shave it?

I know I know ---stupid question, facial hair isnt valuable as money etc...but if you have any situations where this came up please let me know.

Thanks,
You realize you can....... GROW it back, right? Wow...lol. Well, I'm sure Mcdonald's will let you keep your goatee....perhaps you should try applying there....lol.

UPSGUY72

Thanks,

Unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from shaving and can get a Dr note you will not be driving and yes they will send you home.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes u have to shave. I once forgot to shave the Monday after vacation. Had a nice little beard going. Wish they would of sent me home. Instead I got sent to the bathroom with a 50 cent bic and no shaving cream. Haven't made that mistake again.

DaveD

Yes u have to shave. I once forgot to shave the Monday after vacation. Had a nice little beard going. Wish they would of sent me home. Instead I got sent to the bathroom with a 50 cent bic and no shaving cream. Haven't made that mistake again.

OMG that sucks.

​What about drivers helpers?

JL 0513

You can maintain a cleanly trimmed mustache if it helps.

It's a really old rule, but UPS feels clean shaven drivers is most presentable. Kinda like playing for the NY Yankees.

Considering that CEO's of big corporations, for example, sometimes sport beards, it does seem like a rule that should be changed.

Before becoming a driver, I only shaved once every 3-4 days. I liked the scruffy look and didn't want to shave everyday. Took some getting used to to do it.

Ups should allow full beards neck and for arm tats and facial piercings. I'm kidding but it kind of makes you wonder where they are going to get people down the road.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yup gotta shave, and yes that was kind of a dumb question. By the way any idiot with an azzclown moustache should be shot. Really moustaches are so dumb looking and so out of style its ridiculous. Its 2013 not 1983 you numbnutts. If guys with moustaches only knew how retarded they look with them they would shave them. Plus they make you look older anyway just in case someone didn't know that.