Do most UPS jobs pay enough to support a family of four?

satellitedriver

According to a 2011 WSJ report/calculator if your household income is 70k, you are bringing in more then 67% of the country.
Even if your SO only makes 10.00 an hour and you make 70k at ups, your household income would be better then 76% of the households.

What Percent Are You? - Real Time Economics - WSJ
$70k is only the average salary of a UPS driver.
Factor in the $30k in retirement funding and healthcare premiums paid by UPS and a drivers package is more than 81% of the nation.
Another factor to throw into the equation is logistics.
The bean counters have raised my pay grade to $90k, to save money on the books by paying me overtime.
Now I make more than 84% than all Americans.

Mind friggin' boggling.

rod

Retired 22 years
$70k is only the average salary of a UPS driver.
Factor in the $30k in retirement funding and healthcare premiums paid by UPS and a drivers package is more than 81% of the nation.
Another factor to throw into the equation is logistics.
The bean counters have raised my pay grade to $90k, to save money on the books by paying me overtime.
Now I make more than 84% than all Americans.

Mind friggin' boggling.

I (we) made more than 78% of the people last year and we didn't even work. What a Country!

bogeyball

Just curious....I to am a feeder driver and have been making (or working the least amount of hours) maybe $80,000.00 for years. Wife works up to end of year, no pension.
I believe I am blessed to have been here so long. I will retire with 33-35 years no problem. I think most peeps live way out of their means....I buy homes to rent, own stock, contribute the max to the 401K and can buy my vehicles whenever. take all vacation time, trips, fun.
Three kids, all of which will attend college. Its all about choices....Don't plan on SS, this current administration will see to that. Not sure how BO's healthcare will affect our "Cadillac Ride", but I am sure we will be screwed somehow.
How does a family of 5 not make it comfortably with $100,00.00 a year?
I thank God everyday that I stuck it out with this company, We'll see what the new contract has to offer, unfortunately I'll have to work into the next contract.
Am I out of touch? Probably...but living the dream!

brown_trousers

How does a family of 5 not make it comfortably with $100,00.00 a year?

Because we Americans are brainwashed into believing that we are "poor" if we dont all have cell phones and ipads, drive gas-guzzling cars, have 500 tv channels, and live in a house that has twice as many bedrooms as there are people living in them.

Truth be told.... If you can afford decent meals, a roof that doesn't leak, and change to ride the bus (or a cheap car) You are already richer than 90% of the people on this planet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's cause Walmart screws them into being part time by working them just an hour or two under what they would need to to get benefits and such. Their "part time" is like 34 hours a week.

Walmart employees are hired knowing the jobs are part-time yet bitch because they can't get benefits.

Walmart jobs are meant to be supplemental in nature and not the sole source of family income.

S

serenity now

Double dog dare me.

double_dog.jpg
double_dog.jpg