Do supervisors have access to employees home addresses?

box_beeyotch

Then why not hire some $8.00/hr guys to just skip the driver part and get it to the customer, maybe Lasership would be happy to help service your customers. You could grab a movie or something while they service your customers since your management team can't seem to do their job.

He doesn't get it and according to the way he speaks everyone in his center live in freakin la la land. Guess they don't over dispatch and cut routes there either. Should've went into management if he was going to smooch their cheeks so hard.

clean hairy

My on-cars will leave misloads for my area by my front door.
They want you to mess with stuff involving work while at home?
I don't think so!
I would leave them sitting there,and call the 800# and tell them packages were delivered to me which are not mine.
A Driver should come come by and pick them up before they get stolen.

box_beeyotch

They want you to mess with stuff involving work while at home?
I don't think so!
I would leave them sitting there,and call the 800# and tell them packages were delivered to me which are not mine.
A Driver should come come by and pick them up before they get stolen.

Or call your BA or tell a steward that a supervisor delivered a package to my home that should have been delivered by a union employee or shuttled by a union employee. And people wonder why we get screwed with....

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Their shuttling work which they are not supposed to do. Here, they use air drivers or layoff guys to run misloads or large bulk stops. Our drivers do not and will not tolerate management handling packages period.
Shuttling misloads is a union job, aka moving bargaining unit work. Apparently management at these facilities should focus on doing their job of managing as to avoid these problems in the first place.
They could have easily delivered it themselves and you would never know, but instead they gave it to a union employee. Everybody on here moans and groans about how management disregards service. Well guess what, they're trying to make service and still using a union employee to do it. No union jobs were lost, and hiring someone to shuttle that stuff all day would probably be useless because he would get cut 4 days a week.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They could have easily delivered it themselves and you would never know, but instead they gave it to a union employee. Everybody on here moans and groans about how management disregards service. Well guess what, they're trying to make service and still using a union employee to do it. No union jobs were lost, and hiring someone to shuttle that stuff all day would probably be useless because he would get cut 4 days a week.
Your post speaks volumes about not knowing what really goes on in the operations. Misload shuttling is a FT job as its a continuous problem. We moan and groan to the fact the real problem is never fixed and the constant "bandaid" fixes cause everyone frustrations, yet those in charge (read management ) choose to take the easy way out instead of addressing the real issues that go on to solve problem permanently.

box_beeyotch

I understand the service thing but point blank period we dont accept any work done by management without exhausting all possible resources. Just the way drivers are in my building. We overlook many things we probably shouldn't, but that's not one of them. Nothing personal, just business.

upssouth

First off, every time management moves a package (working) a bargaining unit member loses the opportunity to work. Period. Everyday drivers like TCD's get sent home because routes are busted then management wants to move packages to the area? You have no clue. Obviously you're not in package. By the way they could deliver it themselves and we would know. Do you know how many drivers won't file but will rat on their sups? They also don't give two craps about service. They care about making their numbers. I'm telling you right now they could hire at least 10 drivers in my building to shuttle left in building packages out to routes and run misloads all day long.

box_beeyotch

First off, every time management moves a package (working) a bargaining unit member loses the opportunity to work. Period. Everyday drivers like TCD's get sent home because routes are busted then management wants to move packages to the area? You have no clue. Obviously you're not in package. By the way they could deliver it themselves and we would know. Do you know how many drivers won't file but will rat on their sups? They also don't give two craps about service. They care about making their numbers. I'm telling you right now they could hire at least 10 drivers in my building to shuttle left in building packages out to routes and run misloads all day long.

Their saying that because they are management. If they were a real union employee they would feel differently, unless your upstate and you chose the wrong career path with UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Their saying that because they are management. If they were a real union employee they would feel differently, unless your upstate and you chose the wrong career path with UPS.

You are right----I did choose the wrong career path; however, when you are fresh out of the military with a wife and two kids who for some silly reason expect that we will feed them 3 times a day and put clothes on their back, you take the first solid opportunity that comes your way.

As for the misloads---my on car will call me and ask me where he can leave them for me. I usually pick a spot on route but if I am close to the house I just have him drop them there.

And, no, they are not going to call in someone just to shuttle misloads.

box_beeyotch

You are right----I did choose the wrong career path; however, when you are fresh out of the military with a wife and two kids who for some silly reason expect that we will feed them 3 times a day and put clothes on their back, you take the first solid opportunity that comes your way.

As for the misloads---my on car will call me and ask me where he can leave them for me. I usually pick a spot on route but if I am close to the house I just have him drop them there.

And, no, they are not going to call in someone just to shuttle misloads.

Well that's what they do here and that's the way it's supposed to be. I don't support management even touching a package unless they are responding to a hazmat or unclogging egress. We no longer even have supervisors jam breaking or toting smalls on the local sort anymore.

watdaflock?

..my center manager asked me last week if I would log on and fill out the survey before I punched out.

That's cool. Did you do the survey really really slow? haha
^ referring to you getting to do survey while still on the clock but apparently you missed my point.

So, how much did it cost you to join the Hair Club for Men? I got a couple of friends that might want referrals....

What.....?

smh