Do UPS drivers get drug tested?

Dagoof

We had a driver get into an accident where the person he hit was hurt they tested him and he failed. So as long as your not stupid and hurt someone you are probably not going to get tested. The guy just made his 30 days too. We have also had 5 drivers get DUIs last year and our clerk went into treatment for drugs. Im noticing a trend here at UPS.

browniehound

We had a driver get into an accident where the person he hit was hurt they tested him and he failed. So as long as your not stupid and hurt someone you are probably not going to get tested. The guy just made his 30 days too. We have also had 5 drivers get DUIs last year and our clerk went into treatment for drugs. Im noticing a trend here at UPS.

Its not just a trend a UPS. Its all of society. In case you haven't noticed our kids are not just smoking weed and dropping acid.

Prescription drug abuse has become an epindemic. This is a superhighway to heroin use.

Times have changed. When I was in high school during the late 1980's I didn't know what a percocet was. Now you can get OxyContin as easy as you can buy a pack of cigarettes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have highlighted the parts of your post that I found most concerning. Are you condoning drug use?

This is one time that I am glad that I am not a trend setter.

Dagoof

I have highlighted the parts of your post that I found most concerning. Are you condoning drug use?

This is one time that I am glad that I am not a trend setter.
No Not condoning the use especially if you are driving. However I have been around this stuff all my life and know that people are going to do it and wether I condone it or not the are still going to do it. I dont use nor have I ever used. I have just noticed in the last 8 years that It seems to be getting worse these last two years at UPS.

porkwagon

Its not just a trend a UPS. Its all of society. In case you haven't noticed our kids are not just smoking weed and dropping acid.

Prescription drug abuse has become an epindemic. This is a superhighway to heroin use.

Times have changed. When I was in high school during the late 1980's I didn't know what a percocet was. Now you can get OxyContin as easy as you can buy a pack of cigarettes.

After reading this I ran right over to rite aid for a pack of luckys
and some oxy. Getting the oxy was a bit more difficult than the
smokes.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
You should have called me--I had 10 cases of Oxy on the pkg car this past Tuesday.

We had a story last year sometime. This guy goes into the Target pharmacy and draws a gun telling the pharmacist "Give me all your oxycotin". After he left the cops wanted a description of this armed robber. The Pharmacist says "you're not going to believe this but I recognize him as a Deputy Sheriff who used to pick up his meds here" even though he had a ski mask on.

They ended up arresting one of their own after watching surveillance tapes. This Sheriff was hooked on oxy after a chronic back injury. I didn't know oxy had that affect.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Oxycontin / Percocet / Roxicet, et al, are all Analgesics (sp?) with an Opiate mix, for moderate to severe pain. There is no more addictive substance on the planet with the exception of nicotine.

Edited - and yes, 1994, after Kidney Surgury.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Package car drivers not subject to random urines(no CDL license)

Feeder drivers(class A CDL) subject to random urines(weight class 26001 lbs or higher)

Urines are not done by UPS but by the D.O.T.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
No Not condoning the use especially if you are driving. However I have been around this stuff all my life and know that people are going to do it and wether I condone it or not the are still going to do it. I dont use nor have I ever used. I have just noticed in the last 8 years that It seems to be getting worse these last two years at UPS.
I think you would be suprised at the number of people at UPS that get high in some capacity. I know of alot of package car drivers in my old center that get high. What they do on their time is their business. I spent 6 years on the preload and 10 years on a package car and would have tested positive for marijuana the entire 16 years. Put my favorite past-time(smoking pot) on hold for feeder gravy knowing that in 10 years UPS will be a thing of my past and I will resume being Rasta man .... king o' weed

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
How 'bout Package drivers who have a CDL. Are they tested?
They shouldn't be tested because the truck they are driving isn't above 26000 lbs but it has happened from time to time at my building. A mistake was made and the D.O.T. came in with a package drivers name on their list of drivers to be tested. stuff happens

over9five

Staff member
Actually I was tested while in Package. I think Package CDL holders who are also Feeder qualified by the company, are subject to randoms.