Do you care?

Do you care about making service?

• Yes

Votes: 51 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters

Osmosis Jones

Whoa! Who turned off the heat? It's cold in here.
I still care, being a pickoff in my facility it saddens me though when I get boxes that have already been either...

smashed by a bigger box (sometimes an irreg that has no place coming down the main belt does it)/
torn open with contents falling out (usually torn by the random holes along the metal barrier that runs along the belt, have one box clip the hole and another right behind it hold tight on that box and the tear happens)/
boxes that look like they were stepped on (shoe prints noticeable, sometimes multiple prints)

I care about service, but there isn't much to care about when you get a box that's already beyond minor wear and tear traveling damage.

By The Book

I still care, being a pickoff in my facility it saddens me though when I get boxes that have already been either...

smashed by a bigger box (sometimes an irreg that has no place coming down the main belt does it)/
torn open with contents falling out (usually torn by the random holes along the metal barrier that runs along the belt, have one box clip the hole and another right behind it hold tight on that box and the tear happens)/
boxes that look like they were stepped on (shoe prints noticeable, sometimes multiple prints)

I care about service, but there isn't much to care about when you get a box that's already beyond minor wear and tear traveling damage.
Let your safety committee know about those random holes, and irregs usually can be put on the last belt sections. They will smash the small ones at the end of belt so communicate loader to loader. I'm glad you care now because as you move up the ladder there will be more things to care about.

Fragile

"Service" reduces my SPORH. It kills my "bonus". It wrecks my centers numbers and makes my center manager look bad.
In order to avoid these abominations, I DR absolutely everything, bag absolutely nothing, refuse to waste even a second listening to customer concerns, work through my lunch, don't take breaks, sprint like Usain Bolt, and never follow safe work methods that might slow me down. I'll put in more than a fair days work and then take work off anyone else. I am management's ideal driver. A real saint in the eyes of my management team...
Until I have an accident or get injured. Then I'm just a miserable worthless POS who "wasn't following the methods". I'll be issued a warning/suspension/termination letter by same people that trained me and praised my work every step of the way.
And then I'll realize that the only people that really care and really have my back happen to be TEAMSTERS, and that members of management are all con artists (whether by choice or necessity) and don't give a flying "friend" about my long term health or prosperity (or that of my family). Then I'll slow the "friend" down and begrudgingly resign myself to 12 hour days covering routes, making decent money and leading a fairly miserable life of all work and no leisure.

Best post I've read on this forum ever.

Osmosis Jones

Whoa! Who turned off the heat? It's cold in here.
Let your safety committee know about those random holes, and irregs usually can be put on the last belt sections. They will smash the small ones at the end of belt so communicate loader to loader. I'm glad you care now because as you move up the ladder there will be more things to care about.
I've complained about the issues numerous times, no one cares.

nicky

Do I care.... lol
NF2.jpg