Do you ever get depressed?

gbpackman29

I hate waiting for my center manager to put out the staffing sheet 3 mins after start time everyday and punching in late, and have to make sure to tell the glorified clerk in the office to fix my timecard every night. The constant stupid msgs all day. The customers who have the balls to call up and complain that their pkg is in front of their garage door. Well jackass, you don't clear any snow and just drive into your garage. Not walking thru 3 ft of snow to drop your pkg at your door. Lazy v.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This baby dog has been living out in the cold for months, I finally got hold of a rescue, and in snow up to this little girls eyeballs, the rescuer, she went through abandoned houses where no one should have been by themselves, and she rescued this dog. This makes me happy. I think I have found my calling. Every time I would pull up to the dog, my stinky scary truck would scare her away. She was out alone in -20 degree weather, now she is safe. I had little. very little to do with it. But I made the call, and I love her story. How do you move and leave your pet behind. Give me a baseball bat, someone please.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Youngstown-Dogs-Surviving-the-Streets/172569426236079?ref=br_tf

O/C

I hate waiting for my center manager to put out the staffing sheet 3 mins after start time everyday and punching in late, and have to make sure to tell the glorified clerk in the office to fix my timecard every night. The constant stupid msgs all day. The customers who have the balls to call up and complain that their pkg is in front of their garage door. Well jackass, you don't clear any snow and just drive into your garage. Not walking thru 3 ft of snow to drop your pkg at your door. Lazy v.
You need help...!

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
tumblr_m7a82hIK8N1rn5f7uo1_500.jpg
She always helps on a bad day lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
Depression must be running rampant now days. It used to be if you went to a doctor the first thing they would ask is how are you feeling. Now when I see a VA doctor they first ask - have you been feeling depressed lately. Maybe its an age thing. Living in Minnesota I don't get depressed by winter but I will admit it gets too long sometimes. The long range forecast is for temps in the 40"s next week here so I feel like doing cartwheels now. Hang in there. Summers coming.

rickyb

Ok just throwing it out there. Not suicidal, not maniacal, not totally in the dumps. But do you ever just feel so down about going to work?

I used to enjoy it so much. And part of it could be, being on a depressing route. Now every day is more snow, more ice, colder than ever has been, getting home late. And I so know. Because we make x number of dollars per hour, we do not have any right to be down, we should just be running around with dollar signs in our eyes. We have a job, and paid no price for it.:annoyed2: We should never be sad, cold, tired, hungry, grumpy, or rude. WE should be just a happy smiling puppet, constantly.

If I am the only one, so be it. But there has to be a few of us, who are just saying, Ok some sunshine would be nice. And someone besides me, who is just not quite as happy as usual. We have people getting stuck on flat level roads, and getting Union letters. Yes I know wipe your arse with them, but it takes its toll.

Once you are on a road, you cannot turn around, you are committed. You cant use a driveway, coz you will be stuck there too, not that any are usable.................I was stuck the other day, took me 20 minutes to get loose. As I put my tire chains on. and I finally got loose as one of them shot off, never to be seen again. I told myself, If I cant get out, I am calling someone to come get me, call the center and tell them to come get unstuck, and I am retiring today. Its just gotten so unbelievably hard, to stay positive, thoughts, besides "just think how much money you are making.....":hang:

i would move to where its sunny! thats one of the great things about america!!!

hang out with people when your not at work. listen to good music. exercise. eat fruits and vegetables. you should feel better. living somewhere sunny helps battle depression. and dont over think things. thinking and questioning things is a good thing, but when ur borderline depressed just relax.

mandatory america bashing: http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-antidepressant-use-by-americans-201110203624

According to a report released yesterday by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), the rate of antidepressant use in this country among teens and adults (people ages 12 and older) increased by almost 400% between 1988–1994 and 2005–2008.

The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans takes an antidepressant.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
This winter has been the worst winter in my 28 years driving. I haven't seen bare ground, let alone bare pavement on some driveways, since early January. Yesterday I had something happen that cheered me up a little. This customer's driveway could be used as a luge run and is a challenge even in the summer let alone being under a couple of inches of ice. Common sense would tell me to E.C. it and be on my merry way. However, I had used E.C.on two of her packages and yesterday there were three more. I cleated up, bagged four of the smaller packages, and tucked the last box under my arm and made my way down the long winding drive. About half way there I almost slipped and fell but I kept going. I finally got to the house, knocked, and started recording the packages. The lady answered the door handed me a ten dollar bill and thanked me profusely for making the trek down her driveway. After the crap winter we have had it felt so good to be appreciated by someone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, actually. This pending storm in the works here right now with more 0 temps almost makes me want to cry because I'm just that sick of it. And it stresses me out with driving more than anything because I'm constantly worried about getting stuck or something.

On the plus side this looks to be the last snowfall in the ten-day outlook so hopefully it's done, and in another two weeks it'll be time for DST so it'll be light out much longer. Just gotta bear with it another week.

DST starts this weekend.

Future

Victory Ride
Ok just throwing it out there. Not suicidal, not maniacal, not totally in the dumps. But do you ever just feel so down about going to work?

I used to enjoy it so much. And part of it could be, being on a depressing route. Now every day is more snow, more ice, colder than ever has been, getting home late. And I so know. Because we make x number of dollars per hour, we do not have any right to be down, we should just be running around with dollar signs in our eyes. We have a job, and paid no price for it.:annoyed2: We should never be sad, cold, tired, hungry, grumpy, or rude. WE should be just a happy smiling puppet, constantly.

If I am the only one, so be it. But there has to be a few of us, who are just saying, Ok some sunshine would be nice. And someone besides me, who is just not quite as happy as usual. We have people getting stuck on flat level roads, and getting Union letters. Yes I know wipe your arse with them, but it takes its toll.

Once you are on a road, you cannot turn around, you are committed. You cant use a driveway, coz you will be stuck there too, not that any are usable.................I was stuck the other day, took me 20 minutes to get loose. As I put my tire chains on. and I finally got loose as one of them shot off, never to be seen again. I told myself, If I cant get out, I am calling someone to come get me, call the center and tell them to come get unstuck, and I am retiring today. Its just gotten so unbelievably hard, to stay positive, thoughts, besides "just think how much money you are making.....":hang:
You summed up pretty well how i have been feeling since OCT-NOV. I had some personal issues also(but have learned through the years how to dis connect from them while at work). For me UPS has always been a roller coaster ride.....Times of ups and downs....knowing that when things where down soon ups would follow......This winter has really strained my theory. It has been miserable for waaaay to long. I have learned to adapt to the constant negative conditions,but it has made a effect on me generally. I know it will pass,but the waiting has beatin me up!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
UPS should be the one depressed, everyone's paid over for a month now LOL

They started pushing the drivers last week about Over 10's and overalloweds. Just absolute BS.
Bad forced park positions plus no way to "walk at a brisk pace", AND THAT'S JUST BUSINESS STOPS
As much as I enjoy the job at times, Atlanta has no common sense.

Z

ZQXC

This winter has been the worst winter in my 28 years driving. I haven't seen bare ground, let alone bare pavement on some driveways, since early January. Yesterday I had something happen that cheered me up a little. This customer's driveway could be used as a luge run and is a challenge even in the summer let alone being under a couple of inches of ice. Common sense would tell me to E.C. it and be on my merry way. However, I had used E.C.on two of her packages and yesterday there were three more. I cleated up, bagged four of the smaller packages, and tucked the last box under my arm and made my way down the long winding drive. About half way there I almost slipped and fell but I kept going. I finally got to the house, knocked, and started recording the packages. The lady answered the door handed me a ten dollar bill and thanked me profusely for making the trek down her driveway. After the crap winter we have had it felt so good to be appreciated by someone.

Don't know how you guys deal with all that snow and ice.......

Glad I don't have to.