Do you ever get depressed?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am a bad employee, but a great team member. They asked me if I wanted to stay home because another guy needs to work. Well I decided to do my part, and let him!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am a bad employee, but a great team member. They asked me if I wanted to stay home because another guy needs to work. Well I decided to do my part, and let him!
I called out today. Roads are nothing but ice on these backroads where i live. Went out about 630 n took a ride around the big loop to the main road. Sliding all over the place and the main road didnt even looked like it was touched. Brought my butt right back home and texted supe and told him i wasnt coming in. 35 mile ride to work, totally not worth it lol. 4 day weekend, work 1 week with tons of ot next week to get caught up, then vacation the week after lol.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
YUP feel your pain. I drive 38 one way. I was slip sliding going down the hill to leave, they called me and how could I not let someone else work when they need to! Roads are clear here, its that hump of ice at the end of everyones driveway that I hate. Sick sick sick of it. Sunshine is here!! All downhill from here. We might get another few blasts, but it will be daylight longer, and warmer! Life is good!! There is a reason they call it daylight savings time, Its saving me!!!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
YUP feel your pain. I drive 38 one way. I was slip sliding going down the hill to leave, they called me and how could I not let someone else work when they need to! Roads are clear here, its that hump of ice at the end of everyones driveway that I hate. Sick sick sick of it. Sunshine is here!! All downhill from here. We might get another few blasts, but it will be daylight longer, and warmer! Life is good!! There is a reason they call it daylight savings time, Its saving me!!!!!
Yeah im over it too lol. Got some 50 degree days coming next week, thank god and plenty of daylight next week to get it cleaned up. Hate the ice and snow, so nerve wracking lol.

boxwayne

Yea this job gets me down. Your not alone, don't get me wrong I love the job just hate the bs dealing with managers. I never show them it gets me down though. I didn't mind the overtime as much when it was just me and the wife, but with 3 kids now it's much tougher. A ups mans wife raises the kids pretty much by themselves. Much tougher with one of mine being autistic too. I still manage to keep my head up most days due to nice customers and friends on my route!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yea this job gets me down. Your not alone, don't get me wrong I love the job just hate the bs dealing with managers. I never show them it gets me down though. I didn't mind the overtime as much when it was just me and the wife, but with 3 kids now it's much tougher. A ups mans wife raises the kids pretty much by themselves. Much tougher with one of mine being autistic too. I still manage to keep my head up most days due to nice customers and friends on my route!
I was talking today with the guy covering my route. He had 50 off at 2:40 and 90 to go. He has kids, hes a great guy, its so much easier for me. All I have now is a husband who is used to it, and a baby dog who looks at me, "like will you ever come home again" I was not married when I took the position, and it was a big decision, to leave them totally on their own. I had good neighbors, and still had my parents, they were the biggest help ever. But they were pretty much raised, a freshman and a senior. Had cars and licenses, when I took the position of never being home, and all went well. But even then with an hour drive to and from, the latest I would get home except for peak was 8pm. Now we punch out at 810 and consider it an early day. Its wrong, it doesnt have to be like this but it is the new UPS.

boxwayne

I was talking today with the guy covering my route. He had 50 off at 2:40 and 90 to go. He has kids, hes a great guy, its so much easier for me. All I have now is a husband who is used to it, and a baby dog who looks at me, "like will you ever come home again" I was not married when I took the position, and it was a big decision, to leave them totally on their own. I had good neighbors, and still had my parents, they were the biggest help ever. But they were pretty much raised, a freshman and a senior. Had cars and licenses, when I took the position of never being home, and all went well. But even then with an hour drive to and from, the latest I would get home except for peak was 8pm. Now we punch out at 810 and consider it an early day. Its wrong, it doesnt have to be like this but it is the new UPS.

An hour commute home, that's awful. Adding on to an already long day! It's good you had parents to help. I'm sure that makes all the difference in the world

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
An hour commute home, that's awful. Adding on to an already long day! It's good you had parents to help. I'm sure that makes all the difference in the world
I got a 45 min to work and back. Precisely the reason why we agreed to not have any kids. This job can be evil if you have kids, all depending how you roll with the situation. Ive seen many a families at work break up because of the hours and the wife tired of being a solo parent sorta speak. All depends on scenario and the wifes mentality obviously. Theres many a guys on here that have tremendous wives with a great attitude and the sacrifice they make for their husbands and children and vice versa. That's what I tell these young boys nowadays, do your homework and sit down with their wives and discuss the good and the bad before they make that big decision. The long hours don't normally bother me, its not every single day, but different guys and gals are at different points in their careers, so that in its self kind of makes a difference on how much you really want to work. Im at the point where im kinda in the middle stage where im trying to work a lot when I can to make loot and save loot and keep setting myself up for retirement and getting that house paid off to be debt free when I do leave. Job is a different type of animal but I don't let it get to me, have to have that mind state that you get paid by the hour, you work to make as much money as possible(whatever stage in career your at) and its always business here.

Packmule

I know a lot of people who live I warm southern climates and they struggle with depression as much as anyone.
Living in a four season part of the country may have it's crappy days, but oh the enthusiasm it churns for spring! Better than Prozac!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
200.gif

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I know a lot of people who live I warm southern climates and they struggle with depression as much as anyone.
Living in a four season part of the country may have it's crappy days, but oh the enthusiasm it churns for spring! Better than Prozac!
I would never take any of that crap. Mine is a simple down day, not a chemical imbalance.