Do you ever get depressed?

Future

Victory Ride
They issued us cleats that fit over our boots. They are okay on thin coatings of ice but a thick ice pack is still hard to navigate.
they started them with us last winter....pretty useful...but as stated still alot of caution on the thick stuff!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They issued us cleats that fit over our boots. They are okay on thin coatings of ice but a thick ice pack is still hard to navigate.

We were also issued ice cleats which we must wear to the PCM.

I would not want to be the driver who decided to take his/her cleats off and then had a slip and fall injury which may have been prevented had they been wearing the cleats.

Packmule

Ok just throwing it out there. Not suicidal, not maniacal, not totally in the dumps. But do you ever just feel so down about going to work?

I used to enjoy it so much. And part of it could be, being on a depressing route. Now every day is more snow, more ice, colder than ever has been, getting home late. And I so know. Because we make x number of dollars per hour, we do not have any right to be down, we should just be running around with dollar signs in our eyes. We have a job, and paid no price for it.:annoyed2: We should never be sad, cold, tired, hungry, grumpy, or rude. WE should be just a happy smiling puppet, constantly.

If I am the only one, so be it. But there has to be a few of us, who are just saying, Ok some sunshine would be nice. And someone besides me, who is just not quite as happy as usual. We have people getting stuck on flat level roads, and getting Union letters. Yes I know wipe your arse with them, but it takes its toll.

Once you are on a road, you cannot turn around, you are committed. You cant use a driveway, coz you will be stuck there too, not that any are usable.................I was stuck the other day, took me 20 minutes to get loose. As I put my tire chains on. and I finally got loose as one of them shot off, never to be seen again. I told myself, If I cant get out, I am calling someone to come get me, call the center and tell them to come get unstuck, and I am retiring today. Its just gotten so unbelievably hard, to stay positive, thoughts, besides "just think how much money you are making.....":hang:
I Would say that you're going through the same emotional tug of war most drivers experience. especially newer ones. General public has no clue how draining this job can be, from feeling constantly overwhelmed to feeling alienated and on your own always.
Best advice I can give is hang in there. Emotionally you'll get used to it--and surprise surprise! Next winter will be your area's driest in decades!

Indecisi0n

Anytime I feel down I just focus on the positives.
:censored2:ty job but
Good pay
Good benefits
Nice house
Nice car
Nice savings
Nice pension
Good socks
Etc....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am sick to my stomach every morning now and can't eat breakfast since becoming a driver. Depressing
Alot of people kick themselves in the butt for going fulltime driving. Its not for everyone thats for sure. Cant look at all the negatives all the time, totally not worth it, just remember, MONEY IS MOTIVATION lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just have to remember too, your happiness goes down the drain when your married or have a family. Its not about you anymore, the well being and taking care of your family always comes first. This job can provide you and your family a good life. You cant win anyway, you have a job that you love and your probably not going to get paid enough, you have a job that sucks and work your nuttz off and you get paid like a sumbitch lol. Thats the tradeoff, welcome to the world of being an adult with big boy bills lol. Is what it is, just like anything else in life, you have to test your mental strenth to endure and push through challenging times and situations.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Ok just throwing it out there. Not suicidal, not maniacal, not totally in the dumps. But do you ever just feel so down about going to work?

I used to enjoy it so much. And part of it could be, being on a depressing route. Now every day is more snow, more ice, colder than ever has been, getting home late. And I so know. Because we make x number of dollars per hour, we do not have any right to be down, we should just be running around with dollar signs in our eyes. We have a job, and paid no price for it.:annoyed2: We should never be sad, cold, tired, hungry, grumpy, or rude. WE should be just a happy smiling puppet, constantly.

If I am the only one, so be it. But there has to be a few of us, who are just saying, Ok some sunshine would be nice. And someone besides me, who is just not quite as happy as usual. We have people getting stuck on flat level roads, and getting Union letters. Yes I know wipe your arse with them, but it takes its toll.

Once you are on a road, you cannot turn around, you are committed. You cant use a driveway, coz you will be stuck there too, not that any are usable.................I was stuck the other day, took me 20 minutes to get loose. As I put my tire chains on. and I finally got loose as one of them shot off, never to be seen again. I told myself, If I cant get out, I am calling someone to come get me, call the center and tell them to come get unstuck, and I am retiring today. Its just gotten so unbelievably hard, to stay positive, thoughts, besides "just think how much money you are making.....":hang:
You could have SAD. My dad does in the winter and has a uv light that helps.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ctive-disorder/basics/definition/con-20021047

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
i would move to where its sunny! thats one of the great things about america!!!

hang out with people when your not at work. listen to good music. exercise. eat fruits and vegetables. you should feel better. living somewhere sunny helps battle depression. and dont over think things. thinking and questioning things is a good thing, but when ur borderline depressed just relax.

mandatory america bashing: http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-antidepressant-use-by-americans-201110203624

According to a report released yesterday by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), the rate of antidepressant use in this country among teens and adults (people ages 12 and older) increased by almost 400% between 1988–1994 and 2005–2008.

The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans takes an antidepressant.
What??!! I almost agreed with RickyB until the second half.

brostalss

I think we pretty much all get stuck in a rut every so often. You work week after week. Pounded with boxes and deliveries. Thinking will it ever end? You get beat up physically and mentally. You just need to take a mental health day and break the routine. Then get back at it.

jaker

trolling
So I guess no one wants to hear how it is 80deg today and for the rest of the week

But we all get in ruts , I usually start changing things in my life like changing hobbies

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
image.jpg

Always works for me. Celebrating the last week of winter.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The sun is shining and it is a balmy 16. I feel better already. Plus I took advice and took a day off. Only because they had people not working. I cant remember the last time I called in sick. My husband went to get me some bbq wings, and I have not got dressed all day. :-)