Do You Ever Wonder When To Report Something

mrbrownstone

Today I was put in a 26ft straight struck. I'm guessing the biggest you can drive without a cdl and my 1st time in a truck this large.

I was backing into a post office dock. The rubber bumper pads on my truck were in line with the dock bumpers but the hitch on my rental touched the concrete wall. I believe the wall was already chipped in the area where my hitch landed, I would imagine from other people doing the same thing.

I'm still bothered by it though. There was a guy on the dock at the time I think a USPS supervisor or manager. He was doing something on his phone and never even looked at my truck while I was backing in or when I was done backing. I was backing so slow I didn't here any loud bang or anything.

I mentioned what happed and he said as long as you don't break the folding dock plate you're fine.
The funny thing is I still feel like I did something wrong.

Pooter

Meh, docks are going to be all fkd up. As long as u don't hit the actual building, you are fine.

Watch out for awnings at Post offices. Some aren't meant for the 26' .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Make the call. Take a pic of the equipment if need be. It's not worth getting fired over in case the guy on the dock calls in on you. My guess would be no harm, no foul, but I don't count. I'm just a feeble retiree who really had no business answering this. I'm pond scum. I shouldn't be heard. I'll be shuffling off now.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Make the call. Take a pic of the equipment if need be. It's not worth getting fired over in case the guy on the dock calls in on you. My guess would be no harm, no foul, but I don't count. I'm just a feeble retiree who really had no business answering this. I'm pond scum. I shouldn't be heard. I'll be shuffling off now.

You got it! Seen but not heard.:)

Indecisi0n

I use to call my boss for dumb :censored2: like this all the time. Finally he asked "why do you keep calling me for this stuff"? Just covering my ass. He understood.

toxic88

Hitting the wall with the hitch really isn't a big deal unless you ram it, then you can cause damage to the truck. Just keep in mind, if your ever in doubt call it in.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If you ask yourself if you should report it, report it. The key to survival at UPS is to cover your a--(CYA).