Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Management: No

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Part timer: Yes

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Part timer: No

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
I love it mostly. I just never understand the stress that some people have with it. Big picture: It's really not that hard of a job. You deliver packages, you eat lunch, you pick up packages. Then you go home. Pretty cut and dry.
You forgot after pickup packages, you are still delivering packages.

I am lucky to have found a job that I love. I gave up a chance to firefight for a living which is something else I would have loved to do. I was getting ready to take the test when I needed a job when ups was hiring. So I said what the hell. I hated the job. I was going crazy, getting pissed at customers. Saying I hate this friend*%# place. Didn't want to stay out late. All the stuff we are ok with now I wasn't at the time. Soon after I found the good in this job and I love it. The only bad thing about it is the harassment. We are not talking about that get the job done like other bosses at other companies would say. No the label of the worst companies to work for PIECE SHEET HARASSMENT. The reason for this is are CEO. SCOTT DAVIS. He is a accounting manger that moved up the ranks and is in charge of the company. You can say, no it's the share holders. They don't care what the upper management do, as long as they are making a lot of money. Also no strike talk, but when you have an accounting manger as your CEO then the penny pincher a pole he will be. Think about it when did he make CEO? 2008. When did the harassment start? I don't care how much he makes but no turkeys. What a cheap zasterd.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am lucky to have found a job that I love. I gave up a chance to firefight for a living which is something else I would have loved to do. I was getting ready to take the test when I needed a job when ups was hiring. So I said what the hell. I hated the job. I was going crazy, getting pissed at customers. Saying I hate this friend*%# place. Didn't want to stay out late. All the stuff we are ok with now I wasn't at the time. Soon after I found the good in this job and I love it. The only bad thing about it is the harassment. We are not talking about that get the job done like other bosses at other companies would say. No the label of the worst companies to work for PIECE SHEET HARASSMENT. The reason for this is are CEO. SCOTT DAVIS. He is a accounting manger that moved up the ranks and is in charge of the company. You can say, no it's the share holders. They don't care what the upper management do, as long as they are making a lot of money. Also no strike talk, but when you have an accounting manger as your CEO then the penny pincher a pole he will be. Think about it when did he make CEO? 2008. When did the harassment start? I don't care how much he makes but no turkeys. What a cheap zasterd.

​Alrighty then.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
After 6 yrs of working Preload, I can say Im getting VERY tired of loading trucks. But as a Cover Driver, I can say I like my job, even more after 12:30pm, when Im getting paid overtime to deliver cardboard.
Even after 6 yrs, I don't mind the loading...to me its a means to an end...eventually i'll be a driver. It's all the the bs and micro-managing from sups and my center manager that gets under my skin. Just leave me alone and let me do my job!!

kingOFchester

Drivers 76.6% like
Management 0% like
PT 72.7% like

Very very very small sample. Really doesn't prove anything. But those are the numbers as it stands this morning.

ZJ NOMAD

even after 6 yrs, i don't mind the loading...to me its a means to an end...eventually i'll be a driver. It's all the the bs and micro-managing from sups and my center manager that gets under my skin. Just leave me alone and let me do my job!!

just leave me the friend@#$%*@#$% alone and let me do my job!!!!!! - exactly!

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
I guess Im pretty lucky, mgmt doesnt really bother me that much. Being at the back of the belt, its a long walk for them! I just put on my headphones and listen to Dan Patrick Show podcast, fantasy football shows and Howard Stern. Oh yeah, I put cardboard boxes on a shelves. Ive only had 4 days where I didnt have to work preload and had a 9am start time. Day went by so much nice. Working preload and driving Mon - Thurs, come Friday, Im beat up.

laffter

As a part time preloader, I ultimately like my job because of what it does for me. Day to day, however... I can hate it. Sometimes I wish I could walk out and not worry about being fired.

Buck Fifty

I don't love my job but I love the fact that I get paid so well to do the easiest manual labor job that I've ever had.
Ditto !

I like my job, I don't like everything else. This is why I come in and do my job, and ignore everything else. Some of you should try it, you might like it.
Ditto!

I don't mind the work, but hate the way it dominates my life.
Ditto !

I don't like it every single day, but all in all it's a good job. I've made a bunch of friends through the job, and it provides a good, solid living for my family.
Ditto !

. Lucky Bastid !

Like the job, like the people I work with, like the people I deliver to, just don't like the people I work for.
Ditto !

Hate what it's becoming.
Ditto !

​Thanks everybody !!!

HubBub

If you don't mind hard work and can resign yourself to small paychecks, PT work at UPS is pretty great really. I don't have to deal with customers, put on a fake smile and be pretend nice, don't have to kiss anyone's ass, including management, can show up wearing tattered rags, only have to shave if I feel like it, and basically get a workout while BS'ing with a great mix of personalities.

Of course there are days when it's a real grind, but even then it only lasts 4-5 hours.