Do you start your lunch break when you arrive, or start driving, to your break destination?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Your supervisor is a liar. It is illegal to operate the vehicle if you are not getting paid. Don’t ever do any work while punched out. Including, and especially, driving and/or sorting packages. The two rules to live by while on the lunch/break are......

1: Don’t drive
2: Don’t touch packages

It’s that simple! Anyone who does either or both of those are typically cowards or selfish runner and gunners.
guys are running and gunning in our center to try to run under 8 hours so they don’t have to take lunch...pathetic

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Your supervisor is a liar. It is illegal to operate the vehicle if you are not getting paid. Don’t ever do any work while punched out. Including, and especially, driving and/or sorting packages. The two rules to live by while on the lunch/break are......

It’s that simple! Anyone who does either or both of those are typically cowards or selfish runner and gunners.
Yep and leave the dang diad in the back of the PC. The greenish yellow light of death can wait.

Bob11B

I agree. If you are clocked out on a break and driving to your destination and get in a wreck than you may be :censored2:ed.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I agree. If you are clocked out on a break and driving to your destination and get in a wreck than you may be :censored2:ed.
The oms computer used to show a dinner plate with utensils on it when you entered your lunch into the diad. It also showed when the wheels were turning after you punched off break.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Incorrect.

Incorrect.

DOT Regulations allow you to use your vehicle for personal conveyance. This time is off duty status and unpaid.
For those operating vehicles over 10,000# gvw and drive over 150 miles per day as the crow flies.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That's real funny because I think someone DQed here last summer for having wheels in motion on lunch.
Ups internal rule.

As far as I know you can operate an affected or applicable CV past your dot hrs only to get directly to the nearest lodging/break or rest area if you are detained by circumstances beyond your control.