Do you start your lunch break when you arrive, or start driving, to your break destination?

I had an on car ride with me the other day and told me I need to clock into break as soon as I start driving to wherever I’m gonna take break. I’ve had older drivers tell me they clock into break only when they arrive at their break destination. Which one is the official way to do it?

Siveriano

I usually go to my lunch destination 5-10 minutes before I take my lunch (30 minutes) then I kinda sort my next 5-10 stops go wash my hands and go on break.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had an on car ride with me the other day and told me I need to clock into break as soon as I start driving to wherever I’m gonna take break. I’ve had older drivers tell me they clock into break only when they arrive at their break destination. Which one is the official way to do it?
As long as you’re behind the wheel you get paid.

You aren't off duty if you are behind the wheel.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It starts when you step out of your truck.
What I said to a point.... The legal terminology says "when the driver is not in control of the truck"...which does not encompass the time freight drivers were watching their truck be loaded even if they were outside the vehicle.

Overpaid Union Thug

Your supervisor is a liar. It is illegal to operate the vehicle if you are not getting paid. Don’t ever do any work while punched out. Including, and especially, driving and/or sorting packages. The two rules to live by while on the lunch/break are......

1: Don’t drive
2: Don’t touch packages

It’s that simple! Anyone who does either or both of those are typically cowards or selfish runner and gunners.

oldngray

nowhere special
Your supervisor is a liar. It is illegal to operate the vehicle if you are not getting paid. Don’t ever do any work while punched out. Including, and especially, driving and/or sorting packages. The two rules to live by while on the lunch/break are......

1: Don’t drive
2: Don’t touch packages

It’s that simple! Anyone who does either or both of those are typically cowards or selfish runner and gunners.

Some sups are newbies who believe what other management told them about breaks. Not always purposely dishonest but drank too much brown kool aid