Dock to Driver...

Skeeters

I was afraid of that...I know Freight is new to the union side of UPS. Well, anyone who may have some insight...I'm open to that too...but first hand exp. is always the best.

Yes, Freight will help you get you CDL. Talk to your manager. We have dock guys driving around in the yard learning all the time...

Buckethead

Same at my barn, they have two groups of about 3-4 with a trainers on saturday mornings. I dont know if it goes by seniority on dock... (like if theres a waiting list by seniority) So i dont know if a new hire dockworker will go immediately to CDL training.

BTW, there are more UPS freight employees on here than some realize.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I follow a vlog daily of a driver who started their career with USA freight. They trained them, kept them busy and driver worked 1 year to fulfill the commitment. They bailed and immediately doubled their salary with another company.

Beg borrow or steal the cash go to cdl school on weekends if u have to. Its a much better deal if u can pay cash and go to a good small independent cdl school check out get your cdl.com they are in Aberdeen, Ohio. Freight will hire you w 50,000 mile regardless if you have a year or not. Get to a big co and stay there try not to jump around after your in.