Doctor restrictions PT SUP

hoyaboy93

Hi, I'm gonna be returning to work after being on disability. My question is, if my Dr. releases me back to work but put's some temporary physical restrictions, as a part time supervisor, is that likely grounds of being terminated ?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hi, I'm gonna be returning to work after being on disability. My question is, if my Dr. releases me back to work but put's some temporary physical restrictions, as a part time supervisor, is that likely grounds of being terminated ?
I had a PT sup dislocate his shoulder in a car accident outside of work. He came to work...just couldn't use his arm for a few weeks....he wasn't fired.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Wouldn't even bother showing up your done

Sent using BrownCafe App

hoyaboy93

Thanks for the answers that were helpful. But the issue revolves around my legs which may limit me on walking on conveyor belts and ladders, etc. That was my concern of asking. Thanks again.

_Mayday_

Yes Really
Thanks for the answers that were helpful. But the issue revolves around my legs which may limit me on walking on conveyor belts and ladders, etc. That was my concern of asking. Thanks again.
It depends, was it disability because of something on or off job? If your disability was due to something that happened off job then you aren't supposed to be allowed to return without your doctor releasing you to full-duty/no restrictions. I say supposed to because I would imagine depending on the severity of your limitations and how badly they do or do not need you back your supervisor or manager could arrange for another sup to help walk off a belt at the end of the sort and what not.
Time and time again I see so many rules being enforced and over looked depending on the employee involved...shocking, I know.

Edit: No that doesn't sound like grounds for termination you should talk to your local HR people.