Documentation tips

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This thread only reinforces my opinion that, only in a union shop can UPS get away with so much BS and it require so much BS from its employees. Show me a non-union truck driving or warehouse job that is nearly as toxic and hostile that requires someone to make paranoia notes all day long for some type of sense of protection.

Actually, having the union in place limits the amount of BS.

For example, when work is scheduled for a Saturday, there would be no need to ask "pretty please". The notice would be posted and anyone who didn't show up would be terminated on the spot.

Dr.Brownz

Actually, having the union in place limits the amount of BS.

For example, when work is scheduled for a Saturday, there would be no need to ask "pretty please". The notice would be posted and anyone who didn't show up would be terminated on the spot.

Do you just make BS up to hear yourself type? Progressive discipline still has to be followed in the case of a no call no show.

35years

Gravy route
It's amazing what amuses the simple minded.
giphy.gif

My, aren't we pretentious, Dan.

Poop Head

Judge me.
This thread only reinforces my opinion that, only in a union shop can UPS get away with so much BS and it require so much BS from its employees. Show me a non-union truck driving or warehouse job that is nearly as toxic and hostile that requires someone to make paranoia notes all day long for some type of sense of protection.
Show me a non-union truck driving or warehouse job, that has the same pay and benefits that ours does.

8000Shelf

I take short notes during the day on on small piece of paper about things that have occurred and transfer the long version to a notepad on break. Takes about 10 minutes daily.
Includes delays (traffic, customer issues, construction, etc), what route and trace, mgmt interactions, weather and road conditions, where/when I fueled, stops/pkgs/pick ups/miles, load quality/ bulk conditions, amount of NDA and if I had to break trace to make commit times, how bad Orion was and how much I followed it/had to pick thru it, break times... Any else significant or out of the ordinary is written down too such as if I left the bldg late and why, different loader or loading position in the bldg, misloads, etc.
It sounds like a lot but once it becomes a routine it doesn't require much effort. I've had sups actually thank me for being able to tell them exactly why this or that happened or why I was over-allowed. It also helps me get it all off my mind once it's written down

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Use the handrail. Every time. No matter what. Every time.
I used to get flak for using the handrail, but "without a firm grip" or basically half-assing it. Verbal warning! Although that wasn't the case at all, I was in control. Didn't argue, waste of energy. even children aren't that petty

Poop Head

Judge me.
I used to get flak for using the handrail, but "without a firm grip" or basically half-assing it. Verbal warning! Although that wasn't the case at all, I was in control. Didn't argue, waste of energy. even children aren't that petty
Cripes almighty.
Sometimes, I use two hands. Real three points of contact. Or, if I don't get a firm grip the first time, I'll get back in properly, and do it again right.

35years

Gravy route
glorious benefits like getting fired and sat out for missing a handrail seen by three dorks spying on you from bushes with binoculars ;)

Yep,

Blame the union for management's actions.

Manager:"YOUR FIRED" for no handrail.

You: "Dang union"

You have completely lost it.

Kind of like 9-11 was our fault

Last edited: