Does anybody here know who I can contact?

cjo093

Hello, I am a seasonal helper that works out of a pod out in Boerne, TX. I currently live in San Antonio and make the drive out there every morning to wait for the driver. I have never been late, I work hard and get all deliveries done early. I was hired in late October and began working on November 3rd. They have not paid me except for my training. I have attempted to contact the manager of the center I work for, but she is rarely there. (Or at least that's what the person on the phone tells me) I have tried asking for a number or name of somebody else I can talk to which gets me put on hold while they "see who to refer me to" which eventually just leads them to picking the phone up some 10 minutes later and telling me they don't know who to refer me to or what number to give me except the manager of the center. I feel very unappreciated, and I have gotten a group message telling me they are going to need me to start working Mondays and Saturdays. More hours and I haven't even been paid yet? That is ridiculous, and disrespectful. This last Friday they told me to "wait until Monday or Tuesday" when the manager of the center is back because nobody else knows what to do. (And honestly, she doesn't either) I would like to know if anyone here has a name, phone number, e-mail of somebody above my manager so that I may report her for this. This week I will have been with UPS for a month this year around, and they have yet to pay me. This is very frustrating as I have a baby who is almost here. They seem to really not care for their employees, or perhaps it's just the fact that I'm a "helper" and not very important to them. Either way, I would like my manager to hear from somebody higher up than her about this, as this treatment to any type of employee is not right and down right illegal. If it helps, I have signed up for the Wisely Pay Card, activated, I've let them know I received and activated the card, but my balance remains 0. Thanks in advance.

quad decade guy

Do you have an ID? Can you access the building? This building should have a customer counter or used to have HR(maybe still does). If me, I would go directly there and wait(however long it takes) to talk to a full time supervisor from your center. Say it just like that. I will say if you don't show up, that will get someone's attention. Consequences? You bet. Up to and including getting fired. Personally, I wouldn't work another second until this was resolved.

cjo093

Well they have a different driver dropping off to me everyday, and with this Wisely Pay Card nobody seems to know what is going on with it. I have asked several people about the card, and they have "no idea what I'm talking about." I will definitely go in and ask for a full time supervisor, but honestly I feel like that is the person I have been in contact with already. I will also contact the state labor board about the issue. Thank you for the quick responses, everyone. I will take them all into consideration and hopefully get paid soon. Unfortunately for UPS, they may be losing a hard worker because of this. I've already been looking for employment elsewhere.

barnyard

KTM rider
Ask the driver you meet to call his supervisor when you meet him. Talk to the supervisor. Tell him/her that if you are not paid tomorrow, that you are done working. Make sure the driver hears you.

quad decade guy

Well they have a different driver dropping off to me everyday, and with this Wisely Pay Card nobody seems to know what is going on with it. I have asked several people about the card, and they have "no idea what I'm talking about." I will definitely go in and ask for a full time supervisor, but honestly I feel like that is the person I have been in contact with already. I will also contact the state labor board about the issue. Thank you for the quick responses, everyone. I will take them all into consideration and hopefully get paid soon. Unfortunately for UPS, they may be losing a hard worker because of this. I've already been looking for employment elsewhere.
Serious question: why did you wait a month? Never heard of this pay card and apparently no one else has either. See?

newbie777

Same thing happened to my helper. I called the center manager while I was doing my route and they got the check that day. I sent messages on the DIAD board as well to the office. I would ask a driver to help you... I’m sorry this is happening. A company this large should not be messing up pay and unfortunately this happens too much.

adnapadnam

As they continue to gut the HR department, I have a feeling we’ll be seeing more of problems like this. Especially since operations FT supervisors are the “new HR”. 🙄

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I would of said something after the first missed paycheck. Doesn’t matter who I work for. If there’s no security checkpoint walk into the building and get your pay.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Tell your driver!! My helper got boned the first few weeks last year, I got on them for a couple days and presto, green check for him appeared like 2 days later in my DIAD rack

Lorenap7

Hey guys and gals, I have a similar situation going on as we speak, with me I went to orientation 1 day then that same night went in sunrise shift for preload training and then didn't go anymore it has been over a month and still haven't got paid for those 2 days a wisely card came like 3 weeks ago with 0 balance . I have called a tons of people and emailed my supposively manager which I never met and nothing I believe this is against the law I also don't have any idea what to do I work out of Ontario California package handler loader was my position. But someone did give me a good idea see I have my badge /I'd to go in still I'm going to attempt going in and waiting for someone to let me in to talk to this manager of mine see what happens
Thanks for all the 💡 ideas.