Does anyone know what application status "inactive" means?

ManInBrown

Went for the interview last week and they were going to do a background check. And I just went on upsjobs.com and my app says inactive. No further attention needed at this time. Does that mean I didn't get the job?

ManInBrown

I'm a little confused. On the mobile version of upsjobs.com my app says inactive. Thank you for your interest in employment with ups. No further action is required at this time.

On the classic version of upsjobs.com my app status is on file. Doesn't say anything about inactive. Can anyone help me here? Any idea if that is bad or good?

UPSGUY72

It means they don't need you right now other people where ahead of you on the list and they got hired first..... Wait a couple of weeks some of those people will quit or get canned. Then you'll have your chance...

In the mean time if you have the number to the HR person that interviewed you give then a call...

ManInBrown

It means they don't need you right now other people where ahead of you on the list and they got hired first..... Wait a couple of weeks some of those people will quit or get canned. Then you'll have your chance...

In the mean time if you have the number to the HR person that interviewed you give then a call...

​Ok. Thanks. App now says On file. I will give them a call in a few weeks I guess

ManInBrown

Why would you wait a few weeks? If it were me I would call them first thing tomorrow morning.

Yeah good idea. Will try to get a hold of her tomorrow. Should I say to her that I noticed my app status now says on-file. Wondering what that means? Or should I just pretend I never saw that and tell her I didn't hear anything back and was just wondering if my background check was complete?

ManInBrown

My application status got changed back to active today. I was originally listed online as having applied for package delivery driver position and a few days after my interview my application status said inactive-on file. Then I went back and checked again today and the position was changed to Casual driver and status now says active. So maybe I will hear something

my application status got changed back to active today. I was originally listed online as having applied for package delivery driver position and a few days after my interview my application status said inactive-on file. Then i went back and checked again today and the position was changed to casual driver and status now says active. So maybe i will hear something
quit while you have the chance!!

ManInBrown

Luckily the center I will be a seasonal at (if I'm hired) covers for the most part the same area my FedEx station covers. I'm a swing and cover 90% of the routes in my building. That's going to make the job much easier. I will know exactly where I am going on basically any route they throw me in. The main thing I need to pick up is the methods UPS uses and how they want the job done. Hopefully I get the call from HR and I am able to pass integrad.

ibleedbrown

sounds like you will have a big time advantage as you will have area knowledge and know the delivery points. good luck, i think you will have a leg up on everyone else in your class.