does ignore work?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
just wondering i have someone on here harassing me, constantly giving me bad feedback just because he doesn't like my opinions. i was just wondering if the ignore feature works in the forums, like does it not show him post by me and such. i just want him to quit sending me messages and giving me bad feedback.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
According to the software vendor's info ignore isn't designed to work for reputation comments. If you have an issue with rep comments send me a private message, admin's can delete rep comments and the points too.

From the forum software vendor's FAQ:

Dealing with Troublesome Users

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails (email ignore doesn't apply to this site since browncafe.com does not enable emails to be sent between members) from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: Settings, My Settings, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
just wondering i have someone on here harassing me, constantly giving me bad feedback just because he doesn't like my opinions. i was just wondering if the ignore feature works in the forums, like does it not show him post by me and such. i just want him to quit sending me messages and giving me bad feedback.
Sounds like every drivers on car sup in the DIAD. The ignore feature only works till start time, lunch time, and clockout time for me.

U

uber

Guaranteed its the same guy that did the same thing to me when I first got here. He has 15,000 posts and apparently no life.