Does time fly?

JL 0513

Time perception goes by twice as fast as any other job I've ever had. It's definitely because of the always in a rush work pace. It never crosses my mind to think, "when's this day gonna end?"
Time is viewed only as a target tool throughout the day. Every other job I've had I would watch the clock all day just dying for lunch to come and then the end of the day to come.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Time perception goes by twice as fast as any other job I've ever had. It's definitely because of the always in a rush work pace. It never crosses my mind to think, "when's this day gonna end?"
Time is viewed only as a target tool throughout the day. Every other job I've had I would watch the clock all day just dying for lunch to come and then the end of the day to come.
The only thing I think about from the Time I park until the time I get back in my truck is when will this day end.

32F driver

I went on a safety ride once where the sup put his coke on the dash. Told me not to knock it over. Two corners later it was out the door in a ditch. Oops.
Oops hell. That's an in cab distraction in my center. No cell phones, drink bottles, towels, diads out of the diva, digital maps for the cover/swing drivers, or anything else is allowed in the cab. If you observed making an infraction, you are in the center manager's office with the division mgr the next morning, fighting for your job. My frozen bottles of water sit in a cup holder on the dash to melt, They can KMA.

Oops hell. That's an in cab distraction in my center. No cell phones, drink bottles, towels, diads out of the diva, digital maps for the cover/swing drivers, or anything else is allowed in the cab. If you observed making an infraction, you are in the center manager's office with the division mgr the next morning, fighting for your job. My frozen bottles of water sit in a cup holder on the dash to melt, They can KMA.
How about the 20 stupid :censored2: messages you get everyday? The DIAD making noises all day , doesnt distract me......No :censored2: Sherlock, I didnt notice the rain and lightning!....Wtf??...really??

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just curious for all the drivers. Since your so busy and everything is time sensitive, does your time fly?

Oh yea. It sure does fly by! Funny thing, every peak, the helpers will always comment on how fast the time goes. I have tried working inside (porter) and time dragged.

BigBrown3605

Really?? I carry my entire cooler in the cab....... and when I feel like it, a radio.

32F driver

How about the 20 stupid :censored2: messages you get everyday? The DIAD making noises all day , doesnt distract me......No :censored2: Sherlock, I didnt notice the rain and lightning!....Wtf??...really??
If we get a diad prompt while the wheels are in motion, we are instructed to wait until we get to the next stop & turn the car off to remove the diad from the diva. Our supes call drivers on their cells during the day. If they answer the call while driving, the message is "report to the center manager's office in the am. Total bs on their behalf. Leave me alone & let me do my job.

If we get a diad prompt while the wheels are in motion, we are instructed to wait until we get to the next stop & turn the car off to remove the diad from the diva. Our supes call drivers on their cells during the day. If they answer the call while driving, the message is "report to the center manager's office in the am. Total bs on their behalf. Leave me alone & let me do my job.
The diad still makes a noise, very distracting!....and If I ever get called into the office ,for answering a sups call...that would be the last Friggin time they would be allowed to call me!..........period

PT Car Washer

The diad still makes a noise, very distracting!....and If I ever get called into the office ,for answering a sups call...that would be the last Friggin time they would be allowed to call me!..........period
I agree. Put the phone in the cargo compartment and forget about it. Until you receive a DIAD message to call the Air Driver to grab your misloads.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
Until Bluetooths are illegal to use while driving, I will continue to wear one an there is nothing management can do about it. They can ONLY strongly advise us not to wear it but they cannot forbid it!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Until Bluetooths are illegal to use while driving, I will continue to wear one an there is nothing management can do about it. They can ONLY strongly advise us not to wear it but they cannot forbid it!
Bluetooth here all day long too. Love the convenience of it. Nice to jamm when running resies, job gets so monotonous and boring lol.