Does UPS ever deliver before the scheduled delivery date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tshombe

I bought shoes from the addidas website on Tuesday and it said the package should be coming within 2-3 business days. Hoeever it only got shipped 2 days ago and when i tracked it on the UPS website like 7 hours ago, it says the package is in Tamworth, United Kingdom for a departure scan which is only a 2 hour drive from where i live (London). I desperately need this product today as i am going on holiday tomorrow and the estimated delivery date is on monday. Can it be delivered today?

Future

Victory Ride
International shipping is a very tricky purchase....there is alot of delays (more than usual)....that UPS or any other shipping co. has control over.

Future

Victory Ride
To answer your core ? Yes UPS does deliver b4 scheduled delivery date...and as a individual employee i feel proud when a customer tells me ...Wow that came early!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To answer your core ? Yes UPS does deliver b4 scheduled delivery date...and as a individual employee i feel proud when a customer tells me ...Wow that came early!

Was it really before our estimated date or was the customer just surprised it got there do quickly?

The OP lives in England.

Future

Victory Ride
Was it really before our estimated date or was the customer just surprised it got there do quickly?

The OP lives in England.
I was talking more about Domestic shipping.... there has been a big issue with hold up s on international shipments....all delivery companys....

laffter

The OP lives in England.

In my personal experience with ordering crap, I've had delivery dates change (a day earlier) on the tracking page mid-delivery.

In my experience working here, we've been able to (not often) unload trailers a day early if they get to the building early enough.

So, it happens, but I wouldn't count on it...

UPSGUY72

I here it from customers all the time "Wow I ordered that yesterday afternoon " and in most cases it's not Amazon package.

upschuck

I was told that when a plane is not full, they load grounds with them to fill the plane, some places a ground trailer could wait a week, ready to unload its contents and still make it on time.

I've had several customers tell me that, and have tracked packages to see that ground has flown and gotten delivered a couple days early.

DOK

We have some Saturday next day airs on our trucks on Fridays, and we have to deliver by their commit times even though they're a day early.

upschuck

We have some Saturday next day airs on our trucks on Fridays, and we have to deliver by their commit times even though they're a day early.
They are not a day early, they are on time, just shipped a day early. I see people shipping 1 S packages all during the week, they get delivered the next day like all other NDA packages.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love when people order stuff they have to have before vacation. Then at noon are calling in where are you I'm leaving for vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.