Does UPS rehire?

sendagain

I actually did see a loader once leave the company, then get rehired after his T-shirt business bellied up. He is still driving today after about 20 years. Like many things in life, it may be a matter of "who you know".

oko

Thanks Sendagain, I read in UPSERS.com that they rehire under careful consideration. Do you get your time in with the company back?

InTheRed

I can tell you that we do rehire, however it depends on how you left. When you were terminated, if you left on good terms your supervisor/management team will probably check you off as rehireable. If you were a problem (attendance, service, etc etc) you might be flagged as non-rehire.

Last edited:

BigBrownBill

Like -In the red-said, We do rehire...when your seperated from the company you are given a re-hire status. If you did a decent job, you shouldn't have a problem. Recently, even management personel are being rehired, depending on how and why they left the company in the first place. This practice in the past was unheard of.....

When i was a p/t sorter/unloader about 20 years ago, i was told that i can be rehired if the reason for leaving was related to school (college).

-a|ex

opie

I believe you can get your time in the company(senority) back. As long as you are re-hired within 1 year of leaving UPS. If it has been over one year, then you lose all senority & have to start over.

rngri4

Before you quit, ask someone in management about the "Leave of Absence" program, if your district has it, it will be worth your while, and you keep your time.