Does your church reach men well?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I exclusively attended a Roman Catholic Church for 33 years, I went through CCD through Confirmation. I never once heard the word indulgence nor was I taught or observed any “indulgence” as being part of the faith.

I have attended a Roman Catholic and an “Evangelical” Church over the past 25 years I never once heard the word indulgence nor was I taught or observed any “indulgence” as being part of the faith in the Roman Catholic Church.

I have however heard the term many times in the Evangelical Church when they appear to be trying to discredit or criticize the Roman Catholics.

I don’t get it but to each his own, I guess.
I was raised catholic, confirmed too, but became a baptist after I read the Bible and realized that catholic teaching goes against biblical doctrine. The cult of Mary for one, the worship and prayer to Saints, the celibacy of priests, the whole vestments deal for priests, the transubstantuation of the Eucharist, just to name a few.

Non sequitur

Men don't want gays leading the flock. Overtly effeminate men have abandoned themselves to man's lower nature. As if God couldn't deliver a man from such weakness.

Non sequitur

I was raised catholic, confirmed too, but became a baptist after I read the Bible and realized that catholic teaching goes against biblical doctrine. The cult of Mary for one, the worship and prayer to Saints, the celibacy of priests, the whole vestments deal for priests, the transubstantuation of the Eucharist, just to name a few.
Mary's exalted status is not man's creation it is the hand of God. We give her honor because God gave her the honor first. I can't imagine being the one knowing fully the Divinity of Christ and having to suffer as a mother alongside him. Abraham and Moses also have been dignified by the Almighty Mary is no different.

UnionStrong

Mary's exalted status is not man's creation it is the hand of God. We give her honor because God gave her the honor first. I can't imagine being the one knowing fully the Divinity of Christ and having to suffer as a mother alongside him. Abraham and Moses also have been dignified by the Almighty Mary is no different.
Strange that she’s only mentioned 2-3 times then. And Jesus certainly didn’t tell us to pray to her or anyone else for that matter. Unless I missed it.

UnionStrong

I’m not denying the dignity and respect that Saints deserve, I’m denying there elevation to the level of Jesus. They have NO ability to intercede on my behalf to God, only Jesus can do that or the Holy Spirit. To pray to someone other than God or Jesus is blasphemous.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Does your Baptist Church have a Men’s Ministry?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I was guest at a service once...

There were lines for each denomination you could give.

That was sad.
Organized Churches are structured where they do need money.

I think one’s attitude, motive , and spirit behind the giving and the receiving of the money are what is important regarding giving to a church.

UnionStrong

Organized Churches are structured where they do need money.

I think one’s attitude, motive , and spirit behind the giving and the receiving of the money are what is important regarding giving to a church.
Your supposed to tithe. It’s doctrinal. Give willingly

Integrity

Binge Poster
What’s the point you’re trying to make ?
Trying to pursue the topic of this thread in relation to replies you are making.

Would it be fair to say that the Men’s Bible Study would be the only ministry falling under the Men’s Ministry Category at your church?