Dog attack - Ok drivers. What you you do?

MassWineGuy

I love animals more than I do most people, but if a dog were attacking me and I couldn't get to a safe spot, I'd do everything I could to defend myself. The saddest part of this and other dog bite stories is that it's the owners who are at fault. Being a responsible pet owner included controling your dogs so they don't harm anyone.

wayfair

swollen member
I had a complaint called in on me when delivering some ensure(35-40 lb box). Older couple were outside when I showed up and their 2 little dogs were out, tied up to a tree, but able to get to the end of driveway. Barking, growling, only thing holding them back was the rope... I told the lady that I couldn't bring pkg up to the house until the dogs were restrained... she said " oh, they don't bite" I told her "sorry, they look like they want to bite to me." then the man came around and said "they don't bite, if they do, they won't break the skin" they finally gathered the dogs so I could make it to the porch.... 30 minutes later I gotta message "call center"

jaker

trolling
I had a complaint called in on me when delivering some ensure(35-40 lb box). Older couple were outside when I showed up and their 2 little dogs were out, tied up to a tree, but able to get to the end of driveway. Barking, growling, only thing holding them back was the rope... I told the lady that I couldn't bring pkg up to the house until the dogs were restrained... she said " oh, they don't bite" I told her "sorry, they look like they want to bite to me." then the man came around and said "they don't bite, if they do, they won't break the skin" they finally gathered the dogs so I could make it to the porch.... 30 minutes later I gotta message "call center"
And what happen

Can't win for losing!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've hit a few dogs in the road before. Never once felt bad. If I know whose it is go tell them I hit your dog then leave. If not keep on trucking.

I've actually been told to just keep moving if it's on public ground but prefer to cover my ass.
I just got charged with an avoidable accident for a dog running into street under my rear wheels. I am a dog lover. Maybe because owners were home in yard , and I called it in in tears I was charged. Township has leash law. Management hates me. So I was charged.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Precedent exists where drivers weren't charged if it happened on the road and not in a driveway.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just got charged with an avoidable accident for a dog running into street under my rear wheels. I am a dog lover. Maybe because owners were home in yard , and I called it in in tears I was charged. Township has leash law. Management hates me. So I was charged.
We were told awhile back that the company changed their stance on hitting deer and it would be unavoidable. I said well what about dogs. Nope dogs are pets. I said my cousin has a pet deer.

Silence from management lots of laughs from hourlies.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sorry for your luck but the only real consequence to you will be the loss of a Safe Driving award. If you should subsequently have additional accident(s) and the company were to try and use this one as part of progressive discipline to suspend or terminate you, it would get tossed out. In my neck of the woods, hitting an animal on a public road is automatically considered unavoidable.

OPTION3

Why do people think invisible fence keeps their dogs in no matter what , I know a few houses that have it and their dog stills go though it when it wants something bad enough

One owner told me his dog gets it twice once going out and coming back to the yard and the dog still doesn't care
What if a small child(who can’t read) wanders inside the fence……is it the kids fault? A sign does not waive the Dog’s(or any animals)owner s responsibility …it also does not prove guilt of the person the dog bit. I tell people that say “he won’t bite”…”If he does, I will still rent to you”

OPTION3

If you get bit by any dog, no matter the circumstances …..--call police to file a report….then call a personal injury attorney---I have sued twice over this same thing and won (my friend is the attorney). Before anyone gets all crazy animal lover….I own 3 HUGE dogs…I also train them and secure them at ALL times

OPTION3

Driver should have also called animal control and reported the Aggressive dog…they WILL cite the owner…and the dog has a record in case it happens again