If you are UPS CEO, what would you do?

rickyb

OK. Settle down people. I understand that CEO and C-suite people are making too much money. We could start with cutting down the spending at that group. This goes for all corporate America, but we will deal with that later.

What would you do to make the rank-and-file workers happy and yet making big profit at UPS?

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
i don't think there's anything really to be done. there's just so many people that are discontent that they want to strike. even the premise of the question that carol is the boss who answers to no one and thus can offer anything in the negotiations is just false. she answers to the board who answer to the shareholders, if she were to simply appease the teamsters across the table she'd be fired. she wouldn't even be able to stand up from her chair much less conclude the negotiations before being fired and replaced.

Thebrownblob

i don't think there's anything really to be done. there's just so many people that are discontent that they want to strike. even the premise of the question that carol is the boss who answers to no one and thus can offer anything in the negotiations is just false. she answers to the board who answer to the shareholders, if she were to simply appease the teamsters across the table she'd be fired. she wouldn't even be able to stand up from her chair much less conclude the negotiations before being fired and replaced.
Yep, there are some groups running around telling members. Carol is completely in charge, it’s not completely true, and they even admit it in their presentations but to the people who don’t pay attention, they tell them what they want to hear.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Fired or replaced..pretty certain she is set for life. Multi millionaire before she took the job.

It is like she needs to work…?