Dog bites hurt!

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
I carry the cardboard roll from the dr bags its light long pretty damn hard and works like a charm. Dogs are scared of it never really have to hit them just point it at them and it causes them to back up.

Rainman

Its all good.
I have an old C B radio antenna. I hold it at arms length and dogs typically won't come beyond the end of it. I've only had to whack at 4 or 5 dogs over the last 20 plus years I've had it.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Our top seniority driver has this variety of dog biscuits. I've never had the heart to give a dog the green ones while covering his route. Looks like a flavor they just wouldn't like. Haha.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.
I keep mad dog biscuits with me all the time. I ate one 1 time on the job. I usually keep some in my right pocket. I got 1 of them small bags of combos n emptied it into my pocket. I guess I still had some pieces of a dog biscuit in that pocket with my combos. I grabbed 1 and put it in my mouth and it was a piece of a biscuit. I chewed it up and ate it like the soldier I am. Whatever, it wasn't that bad but I was crackin da freak up to myself. I was like dude you numbnutt to myself. Funny shiznitt, gotta find stuff to amuse yourself with while your on the road lol.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I carry the cardboard roll from the dr bags its light long pretty damn hard and works like a charm. Dogs are scared of it never really have to hit them just point it at them and it causes them to back up.

This is my favorite tool to use when dealing with aggressive dogs. You can beat them back and not leave marks!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I keep mad dog biscuits with me all the time. I ate one 1 time on the job. I usually keep some in my right pocket. I got 1 of them small bags of combos n emptied it into my pocket. I guess I still had some pieces of a dog biscuit in that pocket with my combos. I grabbed 1 and put it in my mouth and it was a piece of a biscuit. I chewed it up and ate it like the soldier I am. Whatever, it wasn't that bad but I was crackin da freak up to myself. I was like dude you numbnutt to myself. Funny shiznitt, gotta find stuff to amuse yourself with while your on the road lol.
Drank my own piss in a similar fashion. Straws are now removed from any cup after I pee in it.

RandomDrone

This thread reminds me of when I was a driver helper and a very angry dog chased me back to the car (of course the owners said "You did not have to run, he doesn't bite!") The driver I was with told me to use the DIAD as a weapon or just kick the dog next time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Bit so many times I can't count if you include the little nips to the pants and shoes. Been mauled twice where I needed to go get it checked at the company doctor. Still have some big scars on the knees!

I found dogs that bite do not hesitate to do so without much warning. They just go for it.

dog-bites-hand.jpg

Maple7

I have yet to be bit but being a cut driver on mostly country routes I have had lots of opportunities with dogs I'm unfamiliar with. Each year I'm good for a couple of complaints saying I put their package in a DR bag and left it in the middle of their driveway...Im just fine with that. Sometimes I will tie the DR bag to a branch so the dogs don't eat it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have yet to be bit but being a cut driver on mostly country routes I have had lots of opportunities with dogs I'm unfamiliar with. Each year I'm good for a couple of complaints saying I put their package in a DR bag and left it in the middle of their driveway...Im just fine with that. Sometimes I will tie the DR bag to a branch so the dogs don't eat it.

Do yourself a favor--- type "dog" in the remarks column. This will cover you when folks do call in, and they will call in.

Maple7

Good point and yes I normally do. The office will rather take a complaint call then a injury call so they are normally fine with it. The regular drivers obviously know what dogs to watch out for, I don't so I error on the side of caution when I can. Those country routes sure are a different beast.

BrownTexas

I always make it a habit to carry the diad with me at every stop regardless of commercial or resie. Better to go into a gunfight with a gun than without 1 lol.
This seems like complete common sense. Who is stop completing stops in there car and then leaving the Diad in the car?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This seems like complete common sense. Who is stop completing stops in there car and then leaving the Diad in the car?
Some drivers may scan box in truck and walk box to house and maybe stop complete when they get back to truck. Im sure there are probably drivers that do it. Everybodoes things different im sure. I don't do it but just saying.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We had one driver that carried a bull whip. The dogs hated him but he was the one with the whip.
We have another that carries a short aluminum bat for that special pit bull that won't let him near the house.
Me? I use the biscuits method on how to win and influence disagreeable canines. I have been bit twice and nipped several though