Don’t let some BA or union negotiator on here chastise

35years

Gravy route
There isn’t the money in residential that there is in Air, International, and commercial. When this contract gets voted down we will be one step closer to this happening.
Tony they have always been more profitable.
UPS's infistructure and network rely on density of stops, dropping residential is not realistic. Ask any ie guy.

It is like a restaurant that brings people in because of their great steaks. They basically break even on the food but make a killing on alcohol. They can't just stop serving steaks and expect people to keep coming in.

Additionally the internet has changed and will continue to change how goods move. The trend is dirrect to consumer...which means residential. UPS will not drop the segment which is producing the greatest volume gains.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There isn’t the money in residential that there is in Air, International, and commercial. When this contract gets voted down we will be one step closer to this happening.
That is ridiculous.
Residential is "the new commercial".

Anybody who has been doing the job, knows that at an ever increasing rate, the house that used to get one or two packages a week, now gets three to five a day....which is exactly the dynamic that makes commercial stops more profitable, right???

....not to mention the house next door or across the street that I can deliver without moving the truck, who also is getting a packages (or multiples).
I think they call those what???....that's right "proximity stops".

For those who never contemplated the economics (the math if you will)....after the first package which assumes all of the cost for the delivery, each subsequent package is exponentially more profitable than it would have been as a single package delivery.

Can anybody here see any way that dynamic doesn't continue to grow, as our society races towards the instant gratification of "one click" shopping for everything under the sun.

So here we a guy (@Tony Q ) who claims to be "at the table" negotiating concessions for a Company that is recording record profit, that is also poised to exploit an emerging market.

I'm not buying his crap, I'm Voting No on the Master and the Supplement until I know what's in the finalized Master.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
For the life of me why don't you respond or debate with members on this site. It is like you are a puppet or do not have any empathy with any of the rank and file. You just spout out the same lines that do not make any sense. Please explain you above post "money in residential" what in the world does that mean?

Residential, Commercial, Domestic Air and International are one entity win UPS, we are not Fed Ex. Are you trying to say that we will not be delivering residential anymore if we vote this concessionary tentative down? Please explain yourself, calm down and concentrate this time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Don't we have the finalized Master?
Nope, only a proposed Master, subject to ratification by the membership.

It is my contention, that due to autonomy in the Supplements and Riders, that this should be a two step process....first the Master, then the rest.

How can I approve a Supplement, if I am not sure the Master will pass?

35years

Gravy route
Nope, only a proposed Master, subject to ratification by the membership.

It is my contention, that due to autonomy in the Supplements and Riders, that this should be a two step process....
How can I approve a Supplement, if I am not sure the Master will pass?
Has it ever been a 2 step process?
If we vote the master down, reword and pass it, and the Supplements are based on the Master language, I assume the supplements will have to be amended to reflect the new Master language.

Am I incorrect?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
For the life of me why don't you respond or debate with members on this site. It is like you are a puppet or do not have any empathy with any of the rank and file. You just spout out the same lines that do not make any sense. Please explain you above post "money in residential" what in the world does that mean?

Residential, Commercial, Domestic Air and International are one entity win UPS, we are not Fed Ex. Are you trying to say that we will not be delivering residential anymore if we vote this concessionary tentative down? Please explain yourself, calm down and concentrate this time.
Cuz the prick doesn’t care. He just wants to ride off into the sunset. He needs the contract to pass.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That is ridiculous.
Residential is "the new commercial".

Anybody who has been doing the job, knows that at an ever increasing rate, the house that used to get one or two packages a week, now gets three to five a day....which is exactly the dynamic that makes commercial stops more profitable, right???

....not to mention the house next door or across the street that I can deliver without moving the truck, who also is getting a packages (or multiples).
I think they call those what???....that's right "proximity stops".

For those who never contemplated the economics (the math if you will)....after the first package which assumes all of the cost for the delivery, each subsequent package is exponentially more profitable than it would have been as a single package delivery.

Can anybody here see any way that dynamic doesn't continue to grow, as our society races towards the instant gratification of "one click" shopping for everything under the sun.

So here we a guy (@Tony Q ) who claims to be "at the table" negotiating concessions for a Company that is recording record profit, that is also poised to exploit an emerging market.

I'm not buying his crap, I'm Voting No on the Master and the Supplement until I know what's in the finalized Master.
No comment @Tony Q ???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If we vote the master down, reword and pass it, and the Supplements are based on the Master language, I assume the supplements will have to be amended to reflect the new Master language.

Am I incorrect?
No it hasn't, but as "autonomy" separates us on so many issues, it only makes sense to negotiate and ratify a Master....then the Supplements subsequently, in order to sew up any perceived loose ends.

This might put an end to these hard sell, snake oil salesmen like @LagunaBrown.

Db2400

you for being a part timer. They are doing very part time work and making 6 figures a year and getting fat, smoking cigars and drinking scotch on your dime while you work two jobs, run a business, go to school, do your kids laundry, make their dinner or changing diapers as a single parent. Stay vigilant and make sure you rally the vote no movement in your building. We can and will get adequate bumps in pay like they are giving the next guy off the street, all we need is a good part time turnout for the upcoming no vote on this contract.
Only 37 yrs old about to come up on 20 years of service. Been there done that
Don't worry about everyone else just get what is owed to you

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Am I incorrect?
I'm sorry, I misread your question in part.

The answer is No, if your Supplement passes and the Master fails, you are stuck with your Supplement.

So even if the Master is radically changed as a result of a No Vote, your Supplement cannot be changed for 5 years.

That's why I continue to assert that if you can't vote in favor of the Master without a large degree of certainty that it will pass, you cannot vote for your Supplement.

Neanderthal

@Tony Q is Jamie Flemingsssssss

Maynard’s view - the guy in that video was approached by TDU with an arrangement that he would have certain provisions available to him (IE litigation expenses) provided he continue making videos

In one of his videos he goes into the topic of discovering how being an employee of a company and infringing on its trade mark in the process of creating media is a problem.

But that crap is funny. hi Jamie flemingssss