Part time vote no

Time for change

Any part timer not red circled knows the screwing we’ve had for past 20+ years, with wage gap between full and part time widening. With the new bump in wage for someone not ever working a day at UPS and not for existing part timers, it’s time for a part time wave of vote no. Let them hear you loud and clear. If the contract passes with no catch up raises, it’s time for a leave the union campaign for those in right to work states. Historic tax cuts and profits and no catch up raise should be automatic no vote for existing part timers. Our COLA raise has been a joke with huge inflation the past 10 years and what do we have to show for it? Drivers are crying about 2 tier and we have had many tiers for a long time. Make the union earn your vote and dues!

Box Ox

Drivers are crying about 2 tier

Mostly because I don’t want to sell part timers down the river if they’d ever like a full rate FT opportunity instead of a cut rate 22.4. When you go FT you drop everything else to make UPS your life and career, so it’s important.

Superteeth2478

Any part timer not red circled knows the screwing we’ve had for past 20+ years, with wage gap between full and part time widening. With the new bump in wage for someone not ever working a day at UPS and not for existing part timers, it’s time for a part time wave of vote no. Let them hear you loud and clear. If the contract passes with no catch up raises, it’s time for a leave the union campaign for those in right to work states. Historic tax cuts and profits and no catch up raise should be automatic no vote for existing part timers. Our COLA raise has been a joke with huge inflation the past 10 years and what do we have to show for it? Drivers are crying about 2 tier and we have had many tiers for a long time. Make the union earn your vote and dues!
I agree that the part-timers really need to step up and strike this contract down until we get a catch-up raise. Hell, we should get one from when it was last raised too without a catch-up. It's still not the end-all, be-all as far as what should garner a "yes" or a "no" vote, though.

I'm going to tell the part-timers at my hub to vote "no" if there is no catch-up raise, but also tell them what else is wrong with the contract (once we actually know more about it, anyways). If the initial proposal is struck down and another one comes through with catch-up raises but lacking a lot of other things, the vote still needs to be "no".

Although I don't agree with the idea that part-timers should leave the union in RTW states if they don't get a catch-up raise, the informed ones might actually start doing just that...and that would really be a shame, because it's becoming increasingly difficult to fault those that do so for it.

mikejonesjr

As far as screwing current PTers goes, ups proposed to up the starting wage to $15.50 in 2022 when I'm pretty sure union was only asking $15 that I heard. Could of added the extra 50 cents to GWI instead of giving to new hires and this might have solved alot of issues. Does the union not think of this? New hires $15 in 2022 and $4.65 GWI for current is how it should have been.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
As far as screwing current PTers goes, ups proposed to up the starting wage to $15.50 in 2022 when I'm pretty sure union was only asking $15 that I heard. Could of added the extra 50 cents to GWI instead of giving to new hires and this might have solved alot of issues. Does the union not think of this? New hires $15 in 2022 and $4.65 GWI for current is how it should have been.

You heard that UPS came back offering more money than what the union asked for?
:bsbullf:

Days

The union offered a lot for part timers actually. I was surprised to see that on the handshake agreement "increase part time wages" was a selling point but current part timers are only getting GWI which barely exceeds the rising starting wage.

I think the company and union are doing this on purpose to fill 22.4 positions and have more loaders start driving.