Done early

gumbybros

Our supervisors have taken to not assigning a bunch of pickups that are around the building to any drivers. We have to call in every day with our ETA. Any driver that is getting done early, gets some of that work. There is no longer any incentive to work hard so you can go home early. I'm not talking skipping lunch. Just having a good day. Those used to happen once in a while. Not any more in this center. They might think it makes them more efficient. I say it's costing them money. Is this procedure in any other centers?

Hustling and getting done early seems to be a sin to most drivers on this forum. All I see is drivers complaining about guys getting done early and screwing up the routes. Why is this?
Very often, hustling and getting done early means skipping one's lunch and taking short cuts which we are simply not allowed to take. By doing so(especially skipping lunch), it makes those of us who take our lunch look bad, at least with respect to their numbers. We don't like that, given the fact that we are the ones who are actually doing what we're supposed to be doing.

Been cover driver for a few years now...no one at our center talks about flagging stops. What is a flagged stop?? Thank you !!
A flagged stop means the driver sheeted the package without attempting to deliver it. It is more difficult to do now, with GPS and computer updates to the UPS system, but it still can happen.

Very often, hustling and getting done early means skipping one's lunch and taking short cuts which we are simply not allowed to take. By doing so(especially skipping lunch), it makes those of us who take our lunch look bad, at least with respect to their numbers. We don't like that, given the fact that we are the ones who are actually doing what we're supposed to be doing.

I have never skipped a lunch, only took it late a few times. Although if I did skip my lunch it wouldn't affect my numbers at all.