Dont like the Fed Ex ground guy

skir

Los Angeles CA
Dont like the Fed Ex ground guy on my route. He is always telling me he has so many deliveries, like i care and asking me how many I have. I always see his truck not that full compared to mine. The Fed Ex Express, DHL, GSO, USPS, TNT, On Trac, and Overnght Express drivers are all cool just hate that Fed Ex Ground Driver. They think they are better than us I wish they would Just Disapere.

helenofcalifornia

Ask him how much he gets paid an hour and what he has for benefits. "Oh, you have to pay for benefits? Too bad. What's your retirement like? Oh, too bad. You could probably get a job at UPS if you started as a PTer and waited about 5 years."

I can't stand people like these. Avoid them at all costs or just tell him straight up what a prick he is. JMHO.

LiL"Comet"

Like OMG me too!!! ok j/k I can't stand that either... People that act like there better than the next really get to me, we all take our pants off and on the same way.

That Fedex guy is probably just jealous that's normally the case when someone wants to compare yours to his (visa/versa) about anything.

Show me yours and I'll show you mine:surprised: dam its bigger:biting:

sx2700

Banned
Ask him how much he gets paid an hour and what he has for benefits. "Oh, you have to pay for benefits? Too bad. What's your retirement like? Oh, too bad. You could probably get a job at UPS if you started as a PTer and waited about 5 years."

I can't stand people like these. Avoid them at all costs or just tell him straight up what a prick he is. JMHO.

Then he'll ask you the same questions in 5 years after the economy has crashed and health insurance is cut as a cost savings and the Teamsters pension fund is only 20% funded.

sx2700

Banned
Like OMG me too!!! ok j/k I can't stand that either... People that act like there better than the next really get to me, we all take our pants off and on the same way.

That Fedex guy is probably just jealous that's normally the case when someone wants to compare yours to his (visa/versa) about anything.

"People that act like there better than the next really get to me"

Hmmm.......

LiL"Comet"

"People that act like there better than the next really get to me"

Hmmm.......

Don't be jealous cuz mines bigger than yours shh I won't tell anyone... j/k:wink2:

Oh:surprised: and 20 Plus if your trying to insinuate anything on this...

I don't get on BC and completely lie about things not j/k!!!!
I'm really sorry I sent you a pm and told you I hoped everything worked out for you " Liar, Liar pants on fire" that's probably why I didn't get a message from you back

A thief is the same as a liar in my book!! if you telling a lie your stealing the truth!!!

Last edited:

Geez Comet,keep it up with these smutty posts and we`ll have to report you.

Unless you post some pics.:wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Next time you run into this guy, just ask him if he wants to compare paycheck stubs. Ask him about how many weeks paid vacation he gets. And ask him about the Fedex Ground Pension Plan and his health insurance. Remind him that all you have to buy for work is your socks, shoes, and lunch. No truck payment, insurance, fuel bill, tires, truck parts, or mechanic's fee. I heard if they are lucky, they might make 40K a year after expenses. That should wipe that smile off his face.

kingOFchester

Next time you run into this guy, just ask him if he wants to compare paycheck stubs. Ask him about how many weeks paid vacation he gets. And ask him about the Fedex Ground Pension Plan and his health insurance. Remind him that all you have to buy for work is your socks, shoes, and lunch. No truck payment, insurance, fuel bill, tires, truck parts, or mechanic's fee. I heard if they are lucky, they might make 40K a year after expenses. That should wipe that smile off his face.

Lets hope in 10 years time we can still say "all we have to buy for work is your socks, shoes, and lunch".

Gloating can come back and bite ya!:peaceful:

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
Its funny that people talk about the FedEx ground guys. There are several Ex-UPS employees up here in the Bay Area that were recruited to go work over there. All I hear is that the management has no pressure and they only work 8 hours a day. I then told him to look at his retirement and, benefits and paychecks compared to ours. I guess it goes the same for drivers over there as well as the management.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
There is a reason that there is a saying "to each his own"

8-hour days, no psychotic managers, reasonable expectations, but lower pay.

Big Brother, unreasonable expectations, work safe hurry the hell up, no life outside UPS, great pay.

Man, that is not as easy a decision as you make it sound.

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
There is a reason that there is a saying "to each his own"

8-hour days, no psychotic managers, reasonable expectations, but lower pay.

Big Brother, unreasonable expectations, work safe hurry the hell up, no life outside UPS, great pay.

Man, that is not as easy a decision as you make it sound.

I guess I don't have it that bad. I only work between 9-9.5 hours. I live 5 minutes from my building I get long with my boss. I do my job and go home. As soon as I walk through my door my work cell phone is turned off and I don't turn it on again until I walk into work the next day and I only work 1 Saturday a year and I don't have to work any of the major holiday's because of my seniority.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I guess I don't have it that bad. I only work between 9-9.5 hours. I live 5 minutes from my building I get long with my boss. I do my job and go home. As soon as I walk through my door my work cell phone is turned off and I don't turn it on again until I walk into work the next day and I only work 1 Saturday a year and I don't have to work any of the major holiday's because of my seniority.

You have made it - that is very cool.

Trying to get there sucks

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
You have made it - that is very cool.

Trying to get there sucks

I wouldn't say that I have made it I would just say that I am lucky for now. Managers come and go and I know that I am bound to get a crappy one soon. If your title is right "20 Plus" you have seen them come and go like me. I have been here for just over 19 years myself.

The way that I see it is if I just do my job like they want and do a little more when I can I stay under the radar.

browniehound

What he said.

I don't like the snobs at Starbucks. And who the hell can afford $12.50 for a cup of coffee?

20 Plus,
I don't know anyone who can afford a $12.50 cup of coffee. The last time I was at Starbucks I got a 'normal?' "Grande" (in case someone dosen't know Starbucks uses fancy words to name their coffee sizes) for about 2 bucks.

Its when you start buying the sup'ed up lattes the price approaches 7 bucks. I don't need this. I need caffeine and can get it for 2 bucks so I never pay attention to the $12.50 menu, lol!

There is one thing I don't like about Startbucks and its that they call the coffee sizes something different that the rest of the free world.

I think it goes: "tall" "venti" "grande". All I want is a "medium regular" and this is how I believe Starbucks alienates a large part of the coffee drinking world.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
20 Plus,
I don't know anyone who can afford a $12.50 cup of coffee. The last time I was at Starbucks I got a 'normal?' "Grande" (in case someone dosen't know Starbucks uses fancy words to name their coffee sizes) for about 2 bucks.

Its when you start buying the sup'ed up lattes the price approaches 7 bucks. I don't need this. I need caffeine and can get it for 2 bucks so I never pay attention to the $12.50 menu, lol!

There is one thing I don't like about Startbucks and its that they call the coffee sizes something different that the rest of the free world.

I think it goes: "tall" "venti" "grande". All I want is a "medium regular" and this is how I believe Starbucks alienates a large part of the coffee drinking world.

LOL! I used to just mumble & hope they made me something I liked & could afford.

Last time I hit a Starbucks, I asked for "Just Regular coffee, light & sweet".

They looked at me like I had grown two heads. Dunkin Donuts is my favorite.