don't look now

Inthegame

Charitable donations are a loophole that will go away if Obama is king....like I said.....he's against all the grumpy old white men's deductions.....but he takes them too.....thus (hence) the hypocrite!!
King? Is their another election scheduled? How many beers have you had???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think if America was ever allowed to vote on moving to a flat tax with all loopholes closed, and deductions limited to 10% of income it would pass hands down. The vote would not even be close!

I like the Fair Tax as it is a consumption tax. I also like it as it provides for a prebate to those under a certain income level.

Can you imagine going to the store for the first time after the Fair Tax is implemented and paying 23% sales tax?

I prefer both combined actually.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Lol I started the thread. It also said that the way Obama or whoever wrote this that as inflation goes up the amount your allowed to have would go down. Now if that ain't ass backwards I don't know what is.

Nothing is stopping you from becoming a multi millionaire. Other than the fact your not willing to take a chance to do it. Or don't have a good enough idea. Somehow the fact that everyone that everyone who gets rich had an advantage is ludicrous.

The amount you are allowed doesn't go down. The amount allowed is not "chained" to inflation therefore in 30 years when $3 million does not buy as the same $3 million in today's market the author is "claiming" the cut off limit will drop untill everyone will be hit with this "tax."

Look up the arguements against the Alternative Minimum Tax. The basic principles are the same.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok honestly I could careless if the amount is 1 million or 1 billion. It's not right.

Ill ask u one last time. What's keeping u or anyone else in the United States from making money? You are your only limiting factor. There is no law on the books that says if your poor u have to stay poor or if your rich u get to stay rich.

If someone takes 1 million dollars and turns it into 100 million good for them.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yet another reason to do a 401kRoth, 15-30% of that 3mil in a tax deferred plan is the governments. Least if this passed (which it won't) would effectively give me more money. Any account I can keep the government's hands out of will be the one I pick.

bogeyball

Texan, its Friday. I just knocked down a 192 stop, 102 mile route. just shy of 11 hours with .92 in the box. I am tired and have had a few beers...hey its Friday. Therefore I might not be thinking as clearly as I should. With that being said.............
Exactly what are you trying to say bringing up Carnegie, saying he only wants $50K A YEAR IN 1844? 1844!!!!! What is that in todays prices? $100 million a year?!?!?! Don't start preaching about history! With enough money one can re-write history any way he or she wants and make themselves look like a saint!

Obscene is making more in 1 year than 4 average families will make their entire working lives as DUEL INCOME HOUSEHOLDS. 3 million in an IRA is the defination of rich!

As for the president and his wife paying 18% tax.......GREAT! Its my understanding they both hold Jurris Doctorates. They had to work for those and they still paid twice the % Mit paid.

From where I am seated, the cheap row I know, ENTITLEMENTS seem to be screamed for by those on the edges. The rich, from rich families born with silver spoons in their mouths (trust fund babies...for example.. the Koch Brothers) and those who never had a pot to piss into nor a window to throw it out of. I wish the middle class wasn't working 60+ hours a week to better their families and actually had the time, and energy, to make their voices heard. It seems to me that all the crying is being done by those whom work the least!

If you have an IRA with over 3 million in it your ass should be taxed at 50% or more!
How do you get to $3 million with caps at less than $6,000 per year? Do the math then get back to us!

Just my 2 cents after 4 beers.

You know....when you have to yell to get your point across, it's probably not worthy.

There is really no point in arguing with an idiot shill for the class warfare crowd.