Don't Tell - Don't Ask

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
How do you guys feel about openly gay people showing affection in the workplace? Last Friday as I was punched out and walking to the parking lot I came across a gal and another package driver gal "sucking face". I knew they were gay just didn't know they were into each other.

Even though I know (or I think I know) who the gay women and men are in my center, are we ready to see this kind of affection so openly?

Maybe I should just park on a different side of the building.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I see people like that, be it gay or straight, I just say...." GET A ROOM". I don't like public displays of affection that are overdone!!

Overpaid Union Thug

How do you guys feel about openly gay people showing affection in the workplace? Last Friday as I was punched out and walking to the parking lot I came across a gal and another package driver gal "sucking face". I knew they were gay just didn't know they were into each other.

Even though I know (or I think I know) who the gay women and men are in my center, are we ready to see this kind of affection so openly?

Pressing this issue would make your look like that bad guy. You'd be branded a homophobe just as fast as you'd made the complaint. It's BS because if it's a man and a women and someone complains it might actually be dealt with. The couple would be asked to take their peep show elsewhere. I say it's wrong to go at at like that in public no matter what genders are involved but it's also wrong that certain people in those situations seem to get a pass.

AlaskaMike

I give my partner a kiss every morning when he drops me off. Quick peck on the lips or cheek. Didn't think I had to ask if my coworkers were ready to see it. Don't remember them asking me what I thought I was ready to see...

AlaskaMike

Pressing this issue would make your look like that bad guy. You'd be branded a homophobe just as fast as you'd made the complaint. It's BS because if it's a man and a women and someone complains it might actually be dealt with. The couple would be asked to take their peep show elsewhere. I say it's wrong to go at at like that in public no matter what genders are involved but it's also wrong that certain people in those situations seem to get a pass.

Wow, you took a simple question and turned it into a "gay people get special treatment" post. Yep, special treatment alright. Special treatment in insurance, family medical leave, funeral leave, tax filing, and that's just the work related stuff. But gee, we get to make out in public and not get in trouble... LOL.

SmithBarney

I give my partner a kiss every morning when he drops me off. Quick peck on the lips or cheek. Didn't think I had to ask if my coworkers were ready to see it. Don't remember them asking me what I thought I was ready to see...

The quick peck on the cheek or lips, is a little different than a HighSchool make out
session... which seems to have been described in the first post.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
First of all your "sucking face" might mean one thing to you and something else to another person. Big deal...... I would give my honey a deep passionate kiss if he were to drop me off or pick me up from work. And then again I might just give him a kiss on the cheek. The point is that it's not your business. If you don't like it DON'T LOOK.

local804

Clinton (if my memory is correct) put into place dont ask dont tell in the military a few years back. Since UPS thinks they are the military, they might as well follow.
As for the sucking face, where do we draw the line? Should we not look when the part timers are getting romped in the parking lot?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Local804.........Everything we do or say is subjective. Whats your definition for "getting Romped" and "sucking face"? One infers a different meaning than the other. I personally don't care if you are gay or straight. I have friends that are both and care for each equally. Obviously sex in the parking lot is in poor taste(to say the very least), unless your are the voyeur watching and nobody catches you.(LOL) We all have to use common sense as to what's appropriate and not appropriate. It would make life alot easier if there was a common base line with which we could determine what's right and wrong.

FromBluetoBrown

"Obviously sex in the parking lot is in poor taste.."

<<<<sigh>>>> the good ol' days......

Its funny you mention that, my night job is a manager at a local fast food resturant (You know the one with the big "M") and as I was counting the drawer in the back window I noticed an off the clock employee lead his girlfriend behind the fence where the dumpsters were and I snuck around and looked through the fence hole and saw something very interesting....

diesel96

I've been in Feeders for two years now, and the other night walking back in the parking lot to get something out of my vehicle, I saw the daughter(a fairly new part timer) of one of our Feeder Drivers making out with a male part time supervisor. I know they saw me cause they seperated pretty quickly. Am I going to tell her Dad or Upper Management ? Hell no. She's a big girl and it ain't my business, nor do I want to disrupt their personal lives. (Don't tell-Don't ask) But I could blackmail them into buying me items from the vending machines.:money:

Big Babooba

I've been in Feeders for two years now, and the other night walking back in the parking lot to get something out of my vehicle, I saw the daughter(a fairly new part timer) of one of our Feeder Drivers making out with a male part time supervisor. I know they saw me cause they seperated pretty quickly. Am I going to tell her Dad or Upper Management ? Hell no. She's a big girl and it ain't my business, nor do I want to disrupt their personal lives. (Don't tell-Don't ask) But I could blackmail them into buying me items from the vending machines.:money:
Heck, shoot for a new Caddy:happy-very:

moodaddy247

I can't drive 55
Clinton (if my memory is correct) put into place dont ask dont tell in the military a few years back. Since UPS thinks they are the military, they might as well follow.
As for the sucking face, where do we draw the line? Should we not look when the part timers are getting romped in the parking lot?

:nono2: Whats this 'getting romped' you speak of ???

Sounds like some good times after hours...

steeltoe

The company could care less if your car was broken into or run into by another car. They should care less of what is going on in the parking lot, but knowing UPS, they like to make their own rules.

"Hey Mr. Supervisor, my car was just crashed into and then everything was stolen from inside. This all happened because to homosexuals were kissing while driving. What will you do?" Supervisor replies, "Warning letter, failure to follow instructions of Nature. Your car, that is your own business.":happy2: