Doorman Building after 3:00

nystripe96

So in the past I've been brought into the office a few times for having late savers at residential doorman buildings. What I don't understand & what I tried to explain to the center manager is why there is only 1 residential option when I need the doormans signature. Now if it's after 3:00 I just put 1 residence & let him sign, instead of big arrow down 'doorman' option which ridiculously leads to a late saver. I'm not sure if it's the proper method or not which is frustrating

tadpole

1 - residental

If you accidentally hit a different button and it asks you the reason for late air, void and resheet it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So in the past I've been brought into the office a few times for having late savers at residential doorman buildings. What I don't understand & what I tried to explain to the center manager is why there is only 1 residential option when I need the doormans signature. Now if it's after 3:00 I just put 1 residence & let him sign, instead of big arrow down 'doorman' option which ridiculously leads to a late saver. I'm not sure if it's the proper method or not which is frustrating
And your center manager could not tell you?

You will probably get every response in the world on this thread about "what I do is this"

None of these matter. You already talked to your center manager about it. Do it the way he instructs you to do it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If you're not delivering it to the customer at their residential dwelling, it automatically defaults to commercial when you select door person or concierge, etc. It's a flaw in the software which UPS either hasn't noticed or doesn't care to fix.

After the door person signs, treat it as an indirect delivery (which it is), remembering to select "residential" when it asks for original receiver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is not the original receiver that determines whether it would be residential or commercial.

When you put the stop(s) into prerecord you would then designate them as residential; however, when the doorman signs, you would complete the stop as commercial.

newarkster

We are told to use LA RESIDENTIAL..... whichever commercial tag you use it will not show late. I use it all the time. This way it's accurate for billing purposes, and for the delivery location

CHALLY9TX

You're sheeting the pkgs wrong. When Indirecting to the doorman you can still tag the stop as a resi. Pre record the stop. When you bring up the prerecorded stop, hit the left at residential option. Get signature and when it ask where you left it at, hit other then type in doorman. Savers won't show up late. Hope this wasn't confusing

CHALLY9TX

It is not the original receiver that determines whether it would be residential or commercial.

When you put the stop(s) into prerecord you would then designate them as residential; however, when the doorman signs, you would complete the stop as commercial.

And this way shouldn't have savers show up late.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
image.jpg
"You think you're better than me, don't you?"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You're sheeting the pkgs wrong. When Indirecting to the doorman you can still tag the stop as a resi. Pre record the stop. When you bring up the prerecorded stop, hit the left at residential option. Get signature and when it ask where you left it at, hit other then type in doorman. Savers won't show up late. Hope this wasn't confusing
Fortunately, Brown Café is here to explain this stuff since the odds are that his on car and center manager probably don't even know how to correctly record these kinds of stops.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Fortunately, Brown Café is here to explain this stuff since the odds are that his on car and center manager probably don't even know how to correctly record these kinds of stops.
It is kind of funny that he said he talked to his center manager about it but still asked the question here. Apparently his center manager did not know the methods.

Those who do do, those who can't manage.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We are told each time we get a signature. At any other than a residence. We use office. The edd people actually said it gives more time per signature. We will see if that changes when Orion finally shows up

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
And your center manager could not tell you?

You will probably get every response in the world on this thread about "what I do is this"

None of these matter. You already talked to your center manager about it. Do it the way he instructs you to do it.

With the management flops. Be sure to change with their every whim

Overpaid Union Thug

The stops within the building are residential; however, when you prerecord and indirect to the doorman, the stop becomes a commercial stop.
This is bad advice. Leaving a residential stop with someone on the same property does not make it a commercial stop whether it's a doorman or not. If that were true then left ats for apt buildings left at the office would be commercial stops too. Which they are not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is bad advice. Leaving a residential stop with someone on the same property does not make it a commercial stop whether it's a doorman or not. If that were true then left ats for apt buildings left at the office would be commercial stops too. Which they are not.

This is not like indirecting Apt A to Apt B. This is much the same as indirecting stops to the rental office of an apartment complex. The doorman is an employee, not a resident, and the packages he signs for are held in an office until claimed by the consignee. The stops being indirected are residential stops but the office is commercial.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you prerecord all of the stops first and tag them as LR would it still show as commercial when the doorman signed?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you prerecord all of the stops first and tag them as LR would it still show as commercial when the doorman signed?

After the doorman signs you have to choose the left at location. We don't have doorman in the DIADs in my center so I could either choose reception or choose other and type in doorman. Either of those two choices designates the stop as commercial.

Overpaid Union Thug

This is not like indirecting Apt A to Apt B. This is much the same as indirecting stops to the rental office of an apartment complex. The doorman is an employee, not a resident, and the packages he signs for are held in an office until claimed by the consignee. The stops being indirected are residential stops but the office is commercial.

Redirecting to an apartment office, or anyone else in an apartment complex, doesn't change the fact that the packages are residential. The only commercial stop in that situation is when there is a package for the complex itself. And when that happens three stops (for example) would be tagged as LR and the office package tagged as LC.

And to apply my example to the OP's situation, and to answer Oldgray's question......if all the packages were savers and 'left at" the office (along with the package for the office) the office's package would be the only one late because the residential pieces were tagged as "LR." That is the proper way and was how my center, as well as all the centers in our local, have been trained.