Dot color blindness test

Supraloud84

Hey yall. First post here. Just got "hired" as a casual driver on Friday and I'm trying to get all of my ducks in a row here. Got my 5 seeing habits memorized already and working on the 10pt commentary. Anyhow... my biggest concern at this point is that I'm red green colorblind. How extensive is the color portion of the dot physical. Thanks in advance for any relpies

JJinVA

Hey yall. First post here. Just got "hired" as a casual driver on Friday and I'm trying to get all of my ducks in a row here. Got my 5 seeing habits memorized already and working on the 10pt commentary. Anyhow... my biggest concern at this point is that I'm red green colorblind. How extensive is the color portion of the dot physical. Thanks in advance for any relpies

Red/green color blind sounds like a pretty significant disability considering we're driving vehicles and one means stop and the other means go.

Supraloud84

Red/green color blind sounds like a pretty significant disability considering we're driving vehicles and one means stop and the other means go.
It's never given me an issue as far as driving goes and determining the colors of lights, etc. Its more so that the colors don't appear as vivid to me as they do for your average person. For example, if you spray painted a red spot in the lawn, it would be hard for me to pick it out as I scan across the grass

Supraloud84

When they do the blob test, i just say, "i cant see anything in there". Then they hold up 3 pieces of colored yarn, red, yellow, green, and ask what color each of them is.
I'm assuming you're colorblind as well? Have you tried enchroma or pilestone glasses? They work very well for me

quad decade guy

So, you got "hired" without a physical to drive? When anyone asks me about learning to fly(I'm a private pilot), I ask a series of questions

about their health-like "Ever taken/diagnosed etc....."? Simple things regular folks take everyday can be disqualifying for say flying and

DOT. However there are waivers and such.

Supraloud84

So, you got "hired" without a physical to drive? When anyone asks me about learning to fly(I'm a private pilot), I ask a series of questions

about their health-like "Ever taken/diagnosed etc....."? Simple things regular folks take everyday can be disqualifying for say flying and

DOT. However there are waivers and such.
My official hire is dependent on the dot physical and background check still. But I have my appt for the physical and a start date at the hub to begin training.

quad decade guy

Cool. Got it. Sounds more logical. I'm pretty sure DOT will be somewhat more lax about "things". However, as in flying, if you are say

colorblind, there might be restrictions on night flying(night driving?) etc. There are DOT regs out there for viewing on the internet. Now,

about that background check....

Supraloud84

Cool. Got it. Sounds more logical. I'm pretty sure DOT will be somewhat more lax about "things". However, as in flying, if you are say

colorblind, there might be restrictions on night flying(night driving?) etc. There are DOT regs out there for viewing on the internet. Now,

about that background check....
Lol. My background check will be solid. I'm 38 and haven't had any negative law enforcement interactions in 20 years

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks. I can easily differentiate those. It's the circles with the different numbers in them that get me at times
A1AFE91B-6923-484C-BCDE-2E6651BA57D6.png

Here’s what ya get at the clinic

Doing time

I’m in my 25th year and I haven’t been able to successfully see all of the things in the book yet. You basically just have to have a discussion that you can differentiate red, yellow, and green of traffic signals. My color blindness doesn’t affect primary colors. Just remind them you’ve already been driving for 20 years. It would have to be a really stickler of a doctor to dq you for that.

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 302071

Here’s what ya get at the clinic
1 in 5 males are colorblind whereas only like 1 out of a 1000 females are. I don't know why UPS insists on a color blndness test. Even if you fail it you don't flunk your physical. P.S. I'm red/green color blind also--------------and have never had a ticket for running a red light and never flunked a UPS / DOT physical in 30 years. My son was colorblind and my grandson is too-----and my brother is also.