DOT Physical while on the clock.

reginald95

Let’s say I finish early one day and got an hour to kill before my guaranteed 8. Can I stop by the doctor to renew my 2 year physical? Otherwise we have to do it on our own time.

reginald95

If they schedule you during normal working hours its PAID time. I was paid for EVERY DOT physical I had for 30 years.
In my center they usually hand you a piece of paper with the address to a clinic and they tell you that you’re about to expire and to get it done before it happens.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well it depends on your local supplement.
We don't have that here
It was always in the Master Agreement

Article 20--- Examinations and Identification Fees

Sec. 1

Employees will not be required to take examinations during their working hours unless paid for by the Employeer for all time spent.

542thruNthru

It was always in the Master Agreement

Article 20--- Examinations and Identification Fees

Sec. 1

Employees will not be required to take examinations during their working hours unless paid for by the Employeer for all time spent.
It's still in there.
Screenshot_20220628-160924_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

The trick is to schedule it right before you start time so that it runs into it and you get paid. :)

oldupsman

If they schedule you during normal working hours its PAID time. I was paid for EVERY DOT physical I had for 30 years.
Me too. Just another one of those little things that UPS convinced people to do and nobody complained.
Or nobody bothered to check the contract

Last edited:

oldupsman

One of those things that drives me effing nuts. If every driver from now on said
my physical needs to be on the clock, what are they going to do?
Fire everybody? Keep people from driving? It's right there in the contract.
I don't know how you stand it BUG.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Let’s say I finish early one day and got an hour to kill before my guaranteed 8. Can I stop by the doctor to renew my 2 year physical? Otherwise we have to do it on our own time.
The company paid us all the time needed to do this. Usually 2 hours.
Sparks, NV

fuh